Chapter Fifteen

Fifteen

A school was burning. Bodies littered the ground in front of it.

     A boy stood in front of the school, smirking. He had a boy and girl at his side. The other boy smiled cruelly, while the girl struggled with all of her might to get away.

     "I said that you'd be useful," the first boy said to the girl, "and useful you were."

ෆධෆ

I sat up, my eyes flying open. Another vision. It was horrible. I didn't like these things.

     The door flew open and hit the wall with a crash. I winced and stared at my feet, not wanting to see Phoenix.

     "Morning, Callie," he said. I glanced up quickly, sending him a glare, before looking at my feet again. "What's wrong?" he asked. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

     "Oh, nothing," I said quickly.

     "I'll find out later," Phoenix. "Today, we're going on a trip."

     "Where?" I mumbled, not caring.

     "The Powers' school," Phoenix replied, and my head snapped up. Okay, now I cared.

     "What? No!" I exclaimed.

     Phoenix smirked. "You don't have a choice." He grabbed my arm and yanked me up. I stumbled a bit, but regained my balance soon enough.

     I couldn't let Phoenix take me to the school. First of all: my vision. Second, people would be disappointed. I'm supposed to be their saviour, yet I lead the enemy straight to them. Yeah, what a great saviour I am. Ashton should've left me alone that one day, and this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't have known where the school was, or the layout, and I wouldn't have brought the enemy to him.

     "Come on, let's go," Phoenix said gruffly, practically dragging me out of the room. I resisted, but Phoenix but strong. He led me to the door of the old school, and led me outside. There, a whole group of people were waiting. I recognized Abaddon and Eddie, but that was it.

     "What's going on here?" I demanded.

     "What?" Phoenix cocked his head to the side. "You don't expect me to go attack a school without an army behind me, do you?"

     My eyes widened. "What? No, don't!"

     Phoenix laughed. "Too late." He turned to the crowd. "Let's go destroy the Powers!"

     Cheers rose up from the crowd, and they turned, heading in the direction of the Powers' school.

     "You know, this is all happening thanks to you," Phoenix said, dragging me along by the chain of my crimson handcuffs. "If you hadn't given me that map of the school, we wouldn't be heading to attack it right now."

     "You forced me to give it to you!" I yelled, trying to stop Phoenix. Nothing I did helped, unfortunately.

     "Excuses, excuses," Phoenix said, grinning evilly and shaking his head. "I'm sure all of the students will forgive you, though. Once you're dead."

     I froze momentarily. He was planning on killing me? Or was he simply stating that I was going to live for a long time, and then when I died, everyone would forgive me, because I was dead? I wasn't sure, but I didn't want to find out.

     We eventually reached the forest in which the school was concealed. Phoenix turned to me.

     "Callie," he said. "Only you can bring us to the school. Which way do we head?"