XXVII

Tylers POV
I take a long drag of the joint and leave the circle of people. After an hour of passing and puffing i have decided that i am high enough to not be so depressed. With every hit his face was clouded with smoke and I just kept going and going. My throat hurts and I feel so tired.

How would my parents feel? My mom has worked her ass off to pay for college and I'm doing great in my class's but how would the prude react if she saw me smoking with a colorful haired whore on my lap. I just referred to my mother as a prude and some girl I barely know as a whore, what's wrong with me?

As my thoughts are recollecting I grab a bottle of whatever was on the counter and start drinking. Fuck college, fuck Josh, fuck everything. Fuck fuck. I want to say these words out loud but I'm not one for cussing it just wouldn't sound right coming out of my mouth. That girl Ashley is back in my sight walking toward me and I roll my eyes and walk through the crowd of people in attempt to lose her. I make it out the front door and I'm hit with the chill of cool October air. I shiver before someone bumps into me and my bottle of alcohol falls to the cement. I look up and some guy wearing khakis and a polo is standing there with a smirk across his face.

"Watch where you're going." I snap. I could care less that he bumped into me but now I have to go find something else to drink since my bottle is shattered by my feet and the asshole is smiling about it. I see a smart ass comment about to come out of his mouth and before I know what I'm doing my fist connects with his jaw. Half of me is surprised by my action but the other half feels relieved and in a strange way, that half of me craves for more of that feeling.

The blonde stood to his feet and tackled me. I have never fought and before I knew it I was on top of the guy hitting him as he covered his face in defense with his arms.

A second later I'm pulled off of him still swinging by Brendon and Patrick. I didn't notice the crowd from inside the house migrated outside to watch me attack the blonde. Brendon looked at me wide eyed as I stomped back into the house. I opened the door and wiped the blood of my knuckles onto my hoodie. I grabbed another bottle off the kitchen counter and made my way to the couch. I took a seat and drank the foul liquid with a scowl etched into my expression.

Brendon came into the living room with a confused expression while I sipped the bottle.

"Tyler, what the fuck?" he throws his hands up in the air and I roll my eyes.

"What are you even talking about?" I slur. Ashley takes a seat next to me on the couch and scoots too close to me.

"You just got into a fight over nothing!" He draws the attention of people and I just wish he'd lower his voice.

"It wasn't over nothing Brendon," I snicker "he broke my bottle."

Brendon rolls his eyes and walks out of the room and next to me Ashley pulls a joint out of her pocket reminding me of the one party when she straddled me in the lawn while we smoked. That same party where I ended up leaving with Josh.

The first thought I have about Josh makes me drink even more and I finish off the bottle. Me and Ashley take turns finishing her joint. She turns to me, her eyes a tint of pink and glossy, before shutting them and bringing her lips to mine. I feel nothing in my body as her tongue contacts mine.

The numbness in my body is so powerful, I don't even feel her straddle my sides with her legs when she climbs on top of my lap. For my little sexual experience I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to do this. Then again half of the things I've done at college so far haven't been good ideas. I need to stop overthinking everything.

I stop thinking about the numbness and I start thinking about her. Her lips taste of berries, some alcoholic beverage I presume. I lift her up and I feel her smile as our tongues lapse with one other.

I hope people move out of our way as I take her upstairs to a bedroom like I've seen all of my friends do when they leave the circle to have sex with someone as I am about to.

I don't necessarily want Ashley but I have nothing better to do at this party and I've never done anything intimate with another person besides him.

Ashley unwraps her legs from my sides before I even open a door. She smiles at me before opening one herself and pulling me in by my tshirt. Her lips connect with mine once more before she shuts and locks the door behind us.