XXXI

Josh's POV

I needed to see him. I was desperate to see his chocolate brown eyes. I went to every party I knew about this weekend in search of him. The only parties left should be where all the campus frat houses are.

Of course the last party I check happens to be the biggest, I park my car almost a mile from the only frat house with its lights on since other cars fill up the street.

My withdrawal from Tyler has had its real affect on me. It's at the point in which I've searched for him all night.

I walk through the party. I can tell some of my students can recognize me but I know they'll forget due to their intoxication.

I never find Tyler in the sea of people adding on to my frustration. My heart drops when I realize he can be upstairs. My palms grow sweaty as I make my way upstairs. I check every single door. The people who are having intercourse aren't Tyler and it makes me relieved. Though I am shouted at by each and every couple for interrupting them.

I sigh before walking back outside, he wasn't at his dorm and he isn't at any of the parties. Wherever he is I hope he isn't there long since I plan on going back to his dorm. Just as I am walking back down the street to my car I hear another unlock. I look over to the source of the sound and see it's a simple silver car similar to the one I saw Tyler get into at the hospital.

I notice the small frame and without second thought I say his name.

"Tyler?"

His head slowly turns to me and his eyes, that I have been yearning to see, widen with shock.

"Hey." I say awkwardly.

Seriously! 'hey' Since when have I had trouble saying anything!

Instead of speaking Tyler turns his head to the grass and vomits.

Well that's better than telling me to fuck off, I'll take it. I rush to his side and he wipes the side of his mouth.

"Don't touch me." His voice is dull and thick.

"Not that I don't want you touching me with your puke napkin hand but I don't think you're fit to drive." I gently place a hand on his shoulder and he stumbles to get away from me. He's wasted.

"Tyler, be the rational guy you are and give me your keys. You are intoxicated there's no way I am letting you drive."

"How about no?" Tyler slurs. I can't help but snicker a little when Tyler's sass processes in my head.

"How about yes, I will pick you up some food too." I suggest.

"Taco Bell." He picks his keys out off his pocket and picks my hand to put them in my palm.

"So be it."

-~-~-

The ride in his car to Taco Bell is short considering it's in a complex right outside of campus. He mumbles his order to me from the backseat since he refused to ride passenger while I say his order aloud to the worker.

The paper bag was in the passenger seat and he tried reaching for it before I slapped his hand and told him to sit back. He whined the entire way to my house.

Despite his drunken state Tyler ate his taco bell and remained silent, didn't say a word to me. He mumbled a 'thank you' to me but that was all.

He stood up from the table and walked upstairs without speaking to me. Well at least he is safe, what if I let him go and he drove back to the dorms. Surely he would have had an accident he could barely walk let alone drive a vehicle.

The thought of him in a accident give me a chill and I sit up from my chair. A large sigh comes from my mouth as I clean up and put the remaining food away.

What if Tyler is angry with me in the morning? I can't let that happen when I am trying to win him back even though I technically never had him. I should have just driven him back to his dorm room.

I go upstairs to my room and to my surprise Tyler is laying in my bed under my white duvet. He mumbles before rolling over to face me. His face is blank and his eyes don't leave mine.

"Joshy." Tyler whined. My chest hurts at the sound of the new nickname he gave me and I have to clear my throat before speaking to avoid an unwanted voice crack.

"Yeah?"

"Stay with me." His eyes are barely parted and I can see he is close to falling asleep.

"I can't." No matter how much I want to I can't.

"Why not?" He yawns and rolls over again.

"In the morning you'd be so angry with me if I sleep with you."

"Calm down Joshyy it's not like I am asking you to fuck me." He giggled and sprawled out his legs.

I ignore the growing erection in my pants and clear my throat. "Goodnight Tyler."

"No! Josh look at your pants don't act like you don't want me." Tyler slurs. "I just want you to sleep with me okay, nothing else. But if you down to fuck lemme know j."

He goes back into a fit of giggles and I roll my eyes. If the circumstances were better I'd say drunk Tyler was close to my favorite Tyler.

I do need to be there when he wakes up so what can it hurt?

I take off my shirt and Tyler licks his lips noticeably. I laugh to myself before taking off my pants and shutting off the light.

As I lay next to him I can't help but feel relieved. It's been over two weeks since he's been in my bed. He rolls and I stiffen. His arm falls onto my chest and his head is resting near my shoulder. I fall asleep to the fanning of his breath against my neck and the lullaby of his soft snores.