Peculiar Intermezzo

The whole way from Baekhyun's apartment Jongin didn't say a word. He was just clutching my hand firmly, just to make sure that I was next to him and alright. He was thinking about something really hard, because his beautiful forehead was now wrinkled with a deep frown. I touched his thigh with my other hand, making him turn his head and look at me.

,, I'm alright, Jongin."

I tried to easy his thoughts, but he just hummed in response.

We were sitting in a taxi and the darkness outside was making me sleepy, but as soon as I started to drift off we were at the studio. Jongin payed the driver and pulled me upstairs, opening the room rather harshly. He turned the lights on and sat me onto the couch. He didn't even look at me and went to the bathroom, for a first aid, I guessed.

I signed, feeling like if I had done something bad. I was tired, but I was so scared for Baekhyun, that it made me sick down at the bottom of my stomach. I heard Jongin's steps and I lifted my head at him, trying to smile and make the situation more bearable. When he finally looked at me his feet stopped and he stayed frozen on the spot, just a few feet from the couch. The frown on his face disappearing and being replaced by a worried look.

,, What's wrong...?"

I asked, insecure.

,, Gosh. What have they done to you?"

He said and finally sat on the couch, touching and caressing a side of my head.

,, Is....is it that bad? I mean...my face....?"

I whispered, when I realized that my face had to look even worse with a decent light of the studio.

He just shook with his head and pulled out some pads and disinfection. When it connected with my face I had to hiss, but Jongin continued nevertheless. He cleaned my torn lip and the dirt from my face.

,, I brought an icepack for your eye. You have to press it on it, okay? It's going to be swollen even more tomorrow."

I nodded.

,, Are you hurt somewhere else?"

I shook with my head.

,, Kyungsoo."

Jongin said sternly and I blushed.

,, Maybe...my head. It collided with the wall when he slapped me. That place.... hurts a little bit."

I whispered and he immediately stood up to control it.

I heard him curse when he ran his fingers lightly along the place, where I could feel a bruise forming.

,, Maybe we should go to the hospital and check if you don't have a concussion."

He took some more pads and press it to my head.

I shrugged again, because it stung.

,, There's no need. My head doesn't hurt and I'm not dizzy anymore. I'm okay, Jongin."

I said stubbornly, but my voice slightly wavered when I saw how Jongin threw some of the pads on the couch and there was a blood on them.

,, Yeah, sure you are."

He said sarcastically, scolding me like a child.

Suddenly the door of Junmyeon's office opened and our boss walked out. When he noticed the state of my face and the first aid on the couch his mouth opened wide.

,, What the hell happened to you, Kyungsoo!?"

He ran to us, tilting my face up to examine it.

,, Stupid Baekhyun pulled him into his shitty business."