The other side of the coin

Jongin

,, We're not doing anything until tomorrow morning. And that's my final word."

I said firmly, grabbed the first aid and walked away into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me with a loud bang.

I heard how Kyungsoo stomped with his little feet and shouted angrily.

,, You are a hypocrite, Kim Jongin! I thought he was your friend!"

The sentence was followed by a loud slam of the door and I sighed heavily.

I put the first aid away and leaned on the sink. My heart and stomach clenched painfully as I remembered the moment I founded Kyungsoo today, standing under the street light. His face red and tears in his eyes, which were looking at me with so much sadness I almost started to cry too. I wanted to kill everybody, who made my Soo hurt and miserable. I wanted to be angry at Baekhyun for putting him into dangerous situation like this one, but at the same time I understood.

From the moment I heard Chanyeol and Baekhyun fighting in the studio I knew that something wasn't right.

When I met Baekyeol for a first time in the studio, Baekhyun was that type of person I personally hated. Cheerful, full of energy and very talkative, I couldn't deal with someone like him and I thought that I won't be able to work with him at all. 

Well, that was until one night, when he suddenly appeared on the doorstep of my apartment, holding a plastic bag, full of beer cans and snacks. I tried to push him away, feeling annoyed, but he just made his way inside like a sassy brat he was.

He is that type of person you just couldn't ignore and I found myself sitting on a floor next to him, drinking my third can of beer and listening to his never ending blabbering. He also had a third beer, but he was much drunker than I was actually. 

When he finally shut up the situation turned more serious.

And that was the first time I saw through him and his happy façade.

I didn't know why Baekhyun decided to come to me that night, but with tears streaming down his face he told me everything about his past life. The tragedy in his family, life without money, prostitution and absolute desperation he felt for more than half of his life. He also confessed his thoughts of suicide to me and I felt sorry for him. It was also that same night when I found out how much he loves Chanyeol. He was his ultimate hero, the one who made him feel happy again and chased the bad thoughts away. The love they shared was enviable.

I didn't love anyone in my life before, so I didn't understand it that time, but after I met Kyungsoo I slowly started to get it.

That was also why I didn't believe that Baek would be able to cheat on Chanyeol. I understand that Chan was mad and confused, but I also felt angry, that he made a rather quick conclusion in his head without thinking properly about it.

I hung my head down, closing my eyes when my mind came back to Kyungsoo. I gripped the sink harder and my knuckles cracked a little bit. I was so afraid, when Baekhyun called me. He sounded so scared and sorry in the phone, when he called me that they were some guys going after him and Kyungsoo. I knew that there was something more behind it, so I started to scream at him, but now I felt bad that I only shouted at him in return.

After we came back to the studio I was still feeling the same, maybe worse. Seeing Kyungsoo so beaten up, but still wanting to go and do something, I just snapped at him too. He was in such a bad shape and he still wanted to go help Baek immediately. It was ridiculous!