Boston

28 years later

The loud noises of her city fill her ears. The blonde rests rests her head on the balcony rail as she stares at starless sky. If there were any, you couldn't see them passed the glow of the city beneath them. The moments turned into minutes, which soon became hours. Hours Emma would sit watching, hearing the city under her, change. A hand on the blonde's shoulder pulls Emma out of her thoughts. "Sorry Sweet, didn't mean to startle you." A tiny brunette says with a strong Boston accent.

Emma turns around and pulls the brunette closer. "No, you didn't startle me dear. I've been up for hours." The blonde looks a the clock and it flashes 7:15. "Sorry love but I have to get going for work." Emma gives a quick peck to the woman's face before rushing into her room, squeezing into her blue jeans, throwing on her signature red leather jacket, and lacing up her riding boots.

"See you later Killie. Oh and would you mind taking Hen to daycare?"

"No problem Dear. Bye Swan."

Emma hurried out of her apartment and down the hall. She presses the button to the elevator and not so patiently waits. She looks down the hallway and sees a man walking towards the elevator. He hair was dark almost black. His eyes, which were icy blue, were surrounded by black eyeliner. He wore tight black clothing. He stops right beside the blonde as they wait. "You're Emma Swan right?" He asked with a strong Irish accent.

"Umm... yea. Do I know you?" Emma slightly moved away from him.

"No... but you will."

As soon as the elevator opened the man pushed Emma into it. She was preparing herself for the impact of the floor, yet in never came. When she opened her eyes she was free falling in a forest. She was not but five feet from the ground when a force prevented her from hitting the hard ground. She holds her breath as she tries to comprehend what just happened. She tries to move but can't. She sees the same guy walk past her to a black chariot not to far from the blonde. The chariot door opens "I got her your majesty."

Emma's heart starts racing. Who is he talking to? Where am I? Races through her head.

"Are you sure it's her? Because I'm tired of all these useless blonde's I have to kill because you're to ignorant to ask for names!" A woman's voice shouting from the chariot makes the man flinch.

"I'm sure your majesty." The man bows as the feminine voice give a sinister chuckle.

"I'll see. And if she isn't? It'll be your head not hers." The woman steps out and The blonde's breathing hitches.

She couldn't be more than 30 but she was older than me. The woman had brunette almost black hair, and her eyes were a warm chocolate color yet they were cold. Dull, almost lifeless. Her lips were full and stained red. She had a scar to the right, just above her upper lip. Which struck curiosity within me. How did the woman get the scar? Who is she?The brunette wore a black corset and tight black leather pants, laced up riding boots, and what seemed to be a cape which Emma didn't understand. The woman also wore a high ponytail that reached her rump.  She was beautiful.

The woman flicked her wrist and the blonde fell the rest of the way. Emma groans her rib cage fails to expand her first two attempts to catch her breath. The older woman smiles as Emma stands up. "Ah... congratulations Captain Guyliner. You get to keep your head." The brunette rolled her eyes. "For now."

Emma stands as still as she can as the brunette's fingers traced the blonde's jawline. "You're still the fairest my dear Swan.. Far more than that bitch of a mother you have."

I know her? She knows me? Mother?

Those thoughts ran through Emma's head.
"Go Em-ma." The brunette said and Emma tilted her head like a puppy.

"Go! Run! Before I change my mind and kill you in front of your parents!" The woman screams as fire forms in her palms.

Emma doesn't take but a second to take off. She runs, and runs. Not stopping until she tripped and fell down a hill. As she reached the bottom her head hit a rock knocking her unconscious.

-----------------------

"Why in the bloody hell did it let her go?!" The Captain yelled at the Queen.

"When she's your prisoner, you can do with her as you wish, but right now she's mine." Her famous smile grows. "Oh and because of your attitude... I've decided not to give you your heart back. What fun would that be?" The woman, leaving the Captain baffled, gets back in her chariot and is taken back to her castle.

The Queen has been searching for Emma for years. Maybe it was the Queen's heart was becoming light, or the fact she felt pain for Snow for the first time 22 years ago. The pain of losing a child. Or that the woman felt a pull towards the child. Whatever it was it changed Regina. The 'hundreds of blondes' weren't killed. They were safely sent back. Regina hasn't killed anyone since she took Emma from Snow. But The brunette never let the light in her heart show. She would mask it with anger and pain. Every time the brunette was called 'Evil' she never let it show unless she was alone, and the only person who she could be herself with died 15 years ago. Thats when her search for Emma truly started.

The chariot stops pulling Regina out of her thoughts. "We're here your majesty."

"Thank you." She flashes herself into her room and rushes to her vanity.The Queen waves her hand in front of the mirror, causing an unconscious woman on the forest floor appear...Emma.