My Promise

I stretch my hand over her gaping head wound and concentrate. I focus on saving her. Soon a bright white light shoots from my hand. The light slowly makes it's way to Regina's head. Once her wound was healed, her eyes fluttered. "E-Emma?"

"Regina?"

"Okay you saved her. Guards lead my daughter to her room and make sure she nor the monster herself leaves this castle." Snow says walking away.

Once snow was out of sight the guards rip me away from Regina. "No!" I fight back.

Regina was to dizzy to do anything. They dragged me out of the cell before slamming the door shut. "No! I promised!" That's all I could say.

"I promised!!"

*

"Cheer up dear! Your going to be queen in two days time. And we'll have your ball in three days." Snow says practically jumping.

Emma forces a smile.

A week since Regina brought her 'home'. A week since Regina's been locked up in that god awful hell of a prison. It was eating her up inside.

"Honey... where did you go?"

"Oh nowhere." Snow falls for her daughters deceits.

"Okay well... I'll see you for dinner. You're able to explore the castle until then." The blonde's head shot up at her mothers mothers words.

Emma watches as Snow walks out of her view before rushing to her closet. She put on her comfiest clothes. Which happened to be the tank top and jeans she came here in. She would wear her jacket but she couldn't find it. Once she was dressed she ran as fast as she could to the dungeon, but what she saw when she got there horrified her.

*

Regina's Pov

"You bitch! You took my family from me!" A fist makes contact with my face.

I face the man and spit my blood on him. "Really, that's all you got? The ones I gave your precious wife were harder." I let out a laugh before I'm thrown across the room.

"When I'm done with you you're going to wish you never stepped foot in this castle." The man gives an evil grin before lifting me up by my throat.

"Stop!" A familiar voice calls from behind the man. "Put her down! Now!" He looks at the blonde and laughs as his grip on my throat tightens.

"And if I may ask... who are you blondie?" My fingers claw his arms as he lifts higher.

"Emma..." manages to escape my mouth with most of my breaths.

He immediately drops me and turns to the princess. "Your majesty I'm so-"

"Save it! You're the one who deserves to be thrown in here. Treating a woman as if she's nothing." I feel arms wrap around me and I melt into the embrace. "Are you okay?" Emma whispers.

I smile and nod. "I've been through worse Swan. And you're with your family, it's worth it."

She picks me up bridal style and Carey's me out of the cell before setting me on my feet. "Go Regina."

"What?" I'm confused.

"Go.."

"But I'm-"

I white light begins to burst from her fists. "Go! Run! Before I change my mind!" She screams.

And I do, I run... and run. I run out of the dungeon. Out of the court yard. To the edge of the kingdom, and into the woods. And the whole time I run I can't help but smile. That blonde... she saw the light in me. I could just transport myself to my castle but where's the fun in that. As I run I take in everything. The leaves and branches crunching under my feet. The wind flowing through my hair. The animals in harmony with one another. This was the freedom I missed all those years ago, and I now have it because of Emma.

                                            *

"You let her go!" One of the guards yells.

"Idiot! I know I let her go, and if anyone is to lay a hand on her I will personally see it to be your head, not hers! Tell the others! I will protect her if it is the last thing I do!" The princess yells as the bottled up light escapes, erupting in every direction.

The blonde storms out and goes back to her room. She runs to her bed and cries. She cries because she didn't want to let Regina go, yet she couldn't stand to see her like that. No matter what the Queen did in the past, she had ahold of Emma's heart. Though they've never had an intimate moment, the blonde knew she had a strong pull towards the brunette.

The blonde spent the rest of the night locked in her room, silently crying until she couldn't stay awake any longer.