Chapter 7

A Thug's Eternal Love: Chapter 7

~Nicole P.O.V.~

Last night, I sat at the table letting those words sink in. He was really making me choose between him staying here or keeping our baby. This was not what I was expecting at all.

"Nicole?" I heard Dad's voice as he knocked soflty on my door

"Yes Dad?" I said into the pillow. I didn't want to talk to anyone today, I just wanted to stay in bed, curtains closed, lights off, and hide away in my fantasies where everything worked out.

"We need to seriously talk. Now it's not just you and AJ's life anyone, you got a 3rd one to worry about." I heard him walk in and sit on the edge of my bed.

"I know-"

"I'm going to ask this question straight away and you need to tell me the truth. Nothing will happen if you tell me, but I need to know. It stays between us." He rubbed my back in comforting circles just like when I was a baby. I remember that's what he would do when I was fussy.

"Okay, ask."

"Did you delibertaley get pregnant just to keep AJ around?" He asked. "You already know, I'm not judgemental and I won't be mad, but you need to tell me Nicole." I heard the stern yet comforting tone of his voice. "Yes or No, and we'll dicuss details"

"Yes and No-"

"Nicole. Yes or No." He persisted more sternly

"Yes."

"And why?" He said with a sigh of disappointment.

"It wasn't to keep him around. Those were not my intentions, but I thought it would make him happy if he had a child, he was always talking about us getting married, settling down, and having kids so I thought, well I'll get pregnant to make him happy, but it seems to have had the opposite affect."

"I don't believe you, not for one second. You're lying and I can tell. You have that certain pitch in your voice that's a dead give away. I understand you don't want to tell me but I'm ashamed you won't open to me. That's why I'm here. I'm not here to yell at you and tell you to clean up my house, I'm here to help guide you and help you get through situations like this one. You always decide to not tell me anything and this is why you and I have such a tense relationship." He stopped rubbing my back and got up. I turned around and watched him walk out of my room and slam my door on his way out.

I sat up and sighed. This was one of those times where I wish I had a mother in my life that I could turn to and get her insight. I find it so hard to open up to Dad because he's my Dad, I don't expect him to be as understanding as like Aunt Bailey or Renee.

I got out of bed and walked out of my room. I guess I should just come up front and clean and hope he tries to be understanding. I sucked up my pride and walked downstairs. I heard noise coming from the kitchen and saw Dad sitting at the table with his head buried in his arms.

"Dad?" I said as I took a seat next to him

"You know, there are times where I feel like I should just committ suicide so Grandma can raise you or something because I know I failed as a parent."

"No you didn't. Please don't ever say that again, I love you but it's hard to open up to you. But I do want to say; yes I was lying. It was not only just to make him happy but to make sure he would always be apart of my life." I hung my head low. I know; not the smartest idea but I don't ever want to lose AJ.

"And so you thought, getting pregnant would ensure that?" He said into his arms

"Yes I did." I said as I hung my head down low