Ch. 3 ~ Nodding Hurts My Head

A/N: Still a bit of coarse language, that's why its rated PG 13. It's short, and more of a filler chapter. So, to explain, the Aurors like hate Mercury because of who her dad is. Fudge doesn't really care about who her dad is, he just is really fond of her. Yes, Snape helps her in this chapter. I have no idea why. I'll make it that Jessica made him her godfather or something. I did say SOMETHING so don't jump to conclusions. Anynoodles, COMMENT VOTE FAN, SOMETHING. Please? Pretty please with unicorns on top? :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, only Mercury and Co. Plotline is a bit mine though. A little. Anything you don't recognize, anyways. 

Song is: Stop and Stare by OneRepublic 

CHAPTER THREEE. Nodding Hurts My Head

I was dragged by Aurors to the Ministry of Magic with Hermione. It was already evening now, and I knew that dad would be fretting. I’ve never stayed outside for so long. 

“Uh, ow!” I said loudly as some random Auror shoved me forward by my left shoulder. My injured shoulder. The Auror just looked at me in disgust. I mean, seriously. You’d think I was a bloody criminal, the way that they were treating me! Well, half of that was true, as I was all bloody and I just broken a sacred rule of Hogwarts. 

The people dragged me into a room. There, there was the Minister of Magic, and Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and McGonagall. The Aurors threw me into a chair that was placed in the center of the room. I winced as my shoulder clanked against the back of the chair, but made no noise. 

“It looks like you’ve been through hell, child!” the minister exclaimed. 

“Hell, back, hell again,” I said, glaring at the Aurors.

“You may leave,” Snape dismissed them with a sneer. 

They left reluctantly. 

“Now,” said the minister. “I must go through standard procedures.”

I nodded once as my affirmative. 

“Your name is Mercury Livelex Welds Potter Black, correct?”

I nodded, still clutching my heavily bleeding shoulder. No one was helping me, and blood was covering my white singlet, so that it was stained completely red. 

“And you were at Grimmauld Park, correct?” 

Nod. 

“And you got attacked by Muggles.”

Nod. 

“And you used Protego charm to save your friend, Hermione Jean Granger from perishing from a bullet to the heart?”

Nod. 

“Then you got hit?”

Nod. 

“And then you stunned your attackers?” 

Nod. 

“And then Aurors showed up?”

Nod. 

“Why didn’t they treat you?” he said, mentioning my shoulder that was bleeding out. 

I rolled my eyes. “Bloody bastards,” I muttered. 

“Severus,” Dumbledore spoke up. “Do you know any healing charms that would stop the bleeding?”

Snape stepped forward with his wand. He ordered me to remove my hand. I did, though reluctantly. I’m surprised I haven’t passed out for lack of blood. Snape put his wand to my wound and muttered some unintelligible words. It didn’t work. Snape tried again. Same results. 

“Maybe it doesn’t work with Muggle wounds,” McGonagall suggested

Dumbledore looked puzzled. He took his wand and performed the same spell. It didn’t work either. Ha ha, Dumbledore got outsmarted by a bullet. Everyone was staring me. Gosh, why can’t I be Hermione at a time like this? I hate all this attention. 

The teachers and minister started to fret. Then I said, “Why don’t you take me to St. Mungo’s like normal people?!” The teachers and minister  looked embarrassed that they didn’t think of that. Ha ha, suckers. 

Snape took my arm and Apperated me to St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magic Maladies and Injuries