PS. Malfoy's a Git

PLEASE READ:

NOW THAT FAYETTE IS DEAF, SHE HAS TO WRITE ON A SHEET OF PARCHMENT. THERE WILL BE A SIGNATURE OF ‘xx’ SO THAT YOU KNOW THAT SHE’S NOT TALKING, BUT WRITING. EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS TRYING TO TALK WITH HER WILL HAVE THEIR INITIALS AS A SIGNATURE. FOR EXAMPLE, REMUS LUPIN’S SIGNATURE WOULD BE ‘RL’. K THANKS BAI.

Chapter 16:

The Past

Fayette’s POV 

Recap:

Fayette, I’m sorry to say, but you have gone deaf. With the amount of damage done to your head and skull, there was nothing I could do about it. It was a miracle that you made it at all! Your skull was bashed in, each arm and each wrist was broken. Your hearing was damaged considerably, and I had no choice but to cut  off your hearing to save you from further pain if I were to let you have it. I’m sorry. You should be out of the hospital in a few days. 

I looked from the parchment, to Madame Pomfrey, to Remus. My eyes were wide in utter disbelief. Then, the hospital wing doors opened again to reveal Sirius. He started talking, trying to ask me questions. I looked at him, and handed him the paper. When he finished, he looked at me with sympathy and the same disbelief I had. 

I was deaf. I would never be able to hear anything again. I wouldn’t be able to wake up in the morning to the sound of birds outside my window. I wouldn’t be able to hear the scratching of quills on parchment paper during lessons. I wouldn’t be able to hear the professors’ lectures. I wouldn’t be able to hear music that I would play on the piano or any other instrument. I wouldn’t be able to hear the voices of my friends. I would never be able to hear anything ever again. 

I felt like I was going to cry, but my eyes were totally dry. My stomach had a sick feeling to it. It wasn’t quite butterflies, but it was more of it being twisted at odd angles. 

I checked over myself to see what other damage was done. I patted my head to find that there was only a major headache, and that Madame Pomfrey had fixed my skull. My face would no doubt have scars, as I remember breaking the ice with my face. My arms were extremely bandaged. I must have bashed them against the edges of the ice. 

I sighed. That’s going to be sore tomorrow. 

I grabbed a sheet of parchment from the side table of my bed. I scribbled down:

What am I supposed to do? Walk around with parchment and a quill in my pocket? Xx

Madame Pomfrey looked at me and scribbled, 

Either that, or would you rather learn sign language? MP

Nah, I’m good. Xx

After a while, Madame Pomfrey left, so I was left with Sirius and Remus.

What happened, guys? Xx

Well, Malfoy and his gang of cronies made you crash into the lake. SB

Oh… xx

Besides the whole not hearing thing… SB

…are you okay? RL 

I paused for a moment. 

Yeah, I guess that I’ll be fine. I might need some help with lessons though. Xx

Sure. RL.

When can I leave? I’m sick of this place all ready. Xx

I’ll ask RL 

Remus got up and left. When he did, I wrote to Sirius…

What really did happen? Xx 

Malfoy and his gang made you crash into the lake. They were laughing all the while- except my little brother, Regulus. I know he’d apologize if he weren’t friends with the Slytherins.- Remus punched Malfoy, bound the Slytherins, sent a patronus and even dove into the lake to save you. SB

I paused before writing. Remus really did all of that for me? 

Really? No one’s ever done anything like that for me, let alone would try. Xx. 

We stopped writing as Remus came back with Madame Pomfrey. 

You may leave as long as you have someone with you at all times, and you are resting. I still want you here in the mornings and evenings before you go to bed to take some healing potions, agreed? MP

I nodded enthusiastically. 

You’re free to go, then. MP

I jumped out of the bed a little two enthusiastically. Madame Pomfrey gave me a stern/warning look as I stumbled. I rolled my eyes and began walking toward the door, stumbling every few steps. Remus came up beside me and wrapped an arm around my waist, scaring the living day lights out of me because I hadn’t heard him approach. Sirius took my left hand and we began walking back to the wondrous common room. 

PS: The password was changed. Remus wrote to me that it’s ‘Malfoy’s a git’. I love these people!