Ch. 8 ~ The Friends

Chapter 8: The Friends

POV: Fayette

Remus led me to the Gryffindor common room. He said the password (which was ‘Butterfly Lollipops), and entered with me following. 

“Hey Remus!” a group of boys called out across the common room. Remus led me over to them. 

“Hey guys,” he said. “This is Fayette.”

I waved. The first boy had vivid hazel eyes, that reminded me so much of Mercury. He also looked like a twin to Harry, too, except for the eyes, which I knew that he got from his mother, Lily Evans. “I’m James,” he said. 

The boy next to him looked like his identical twin. “I’m Jacob.”

The third boy was slightly taller. He had long, black hair like the other two, and striking black eyes. He reminded me greatly of my mother, Narcissa. “I’m Sirius.” Yes, of course. My cousin. 

The fourth boy was incredibly short. He had short blond hair that was cropped close to his skull, with watery blue eyes. He looked a little like a rat, the way he was so jumpy. “I’m Peter,” he squeaked. I immediately didn’t trust him. Mercury had told me what he did in the future. 

“Hiya,” I said as cheerfully as I could. 

“So, why don’t you tell us about yourself?” Jacob asked politely. 

I sat down across from them on one of the settees. “Umm. Well, my full name is Fayette Willow Grey. I like to be called Willow, because I hate my first name. Uh. I come from Durmstrang, because I don’t like my family, and I had certain advantages there… Er-” I couldn’t find what to say next. 

“What’s your favorite color?” Sirius asked. 

I laughed and said, “Purple!”

Everyone then asked me random questions. I figured out that Jacob and James are triplets with a girl named Jessica Potter. So it really was Harry’s dad there… Sirius loved to pull pranks as much as I did, which made me grin. Remus flat out reminds me of Greg, the way he’s so studious. Everyone reminds me of someone. James and Jacob both remind me of Viktor, because of their brotherliness. Remus reminds me of Greg because of his attitude, looks, and personality. He’s a total sweetheart, he’s kind of shy, and he loves to read. Sirius reminds me greatly of Mikey. He has the same black hair and obsession with Quidditch. We’d talked nearly two hours on the proper way to hit a bludger with a beater’s bat. 

“So, what about you guys?” I’d asked after I’d finished giving a fake life story. “I’ve just given my life story.”

“Well!-” Sirius said. “James here has already found the love of his life!”

Sirius grinned while James went red. 

“Really? And who would this be?” I asked, interested. Hopefully, it was Lily. 

“Miss Lily Evans herself!” Sirius exclaimed dramatically. This made James’ face go even redder. It could possibly rival the Weasley’s hair color, which I found amusing. 

“Well,” I said. “I would love, love, love to meet her.”

“Oh, no!” James said. “I’ve known you for three hours, and I already know that you’ll embarrass me!”

My eyes twinkled. “Why, James! How could you think so low of me?”

Sirius jumped up, Jacob in tow. They ran to the base of the girls’ dormitory staircase and yelled in sweet, innocent voices, “Oh, Lily!”

There was silence until… “Yeah, Sirius?!”

Sirius grinned triumphantly. James ran forward and tackled Sirius to the ground before he could utter a single word. Jacob watched them in amusement before calling up to Lily.