Oh Great, I'm Rambling

Ch. 11. Decorating

Fayette’s POV - in the past -

Recap: 

I skipped through the corridors towards the Gryffindor common room. Once I’d reached the Fat Lady, I said the password (Pumpkin Noodle Pie). She granted me entrance. Once I’d leapt through the portrait hole, I chucked my book bag onto one of the squashy maroon couches and headed up the boys’ staircase, knowing that James would be in his dormitory. 

I counted off the doors and found the one that read, ‘Fourth Years’. I dramatically pounded on the door shouting, “JAMES! I HAVE GOO-OO-OO-D NE-E-E-EWS!” in a sing-song voice. 

James, after about ten minutes, finally opened the door. He gestured me inside and closed the door behind me. 

“So?” he said. “What’s up?”

“Well….” I started. 

“Well….” I started.

“Yes, yes?” James asked eagerly. 

“Well, at the library, this Ravenclaw lad came up to Lily and asked her to Hogsmead-” James looked crestfallen. 

“Don’t worry, mate. She-or rather I, for her- turned the lad down. BUT. I found out some interesting information…”

James groaned. “Don’t keep me hung up in suspense, Fay!” 

“Well, it sounds really stupid so far, but when the lad complimented her, she got all speechless…” I said, hoping he’d catch on. 

“So all’s I need to do is compliment her? But I’ve been doing that for years, Fay!” he complained. 

I rolled my eyes and sat on the floor, looking up at my mate. “Yes, but I bet that you’ve gone overboard,” I replied giving him a knowing look. 

James shuffled his feet, looking downward. “Maybe,” he mumbled. 

I grinned in triumph. “Yes! So all you have to say is like, ‘Lily, you look very pretty today’ or ‘Lily, you’re so smart! Would you mind being my potions partner today?’” I gave examples. 

“That’s all I need to do?” he said, disbelievingly. 

I gave him a look. “How many years have you been stalking Lily?”

“…Four…”

“Exactly! But- you failed to notice how she gets all embarrassed when you compliment her. It’s cute, really.”

“Yeah-yeah, okay! Thanks Fay!” James picked me up off of the floor and hugged me. 

I groaned at the new found pain in my ribs. James was like a freaking boa constrictor! He set my feet back on the ground and bolted out the door, maybe going to find Lily.  Oh well. Anyways, I walked calmly out of the boys’ dormitory and into the common room. Supposedly, it was the weekend, so everyone was down there. 

I yawned and slumped into one of the chairs beside the fire next to Sirius. Let me say, its very, very weird to see one of your friend’s dad as the same age as you. It’s a little freaky. I took my wand and started to bring the fire out of the fire place and suspend it in mid air, making shapes out of it. Everyone in the common room looked at me in awe. 

I twisted it and turned it. It didn’t look like anything except for an exceptionally large blob of flames. Out of nothing, I thought of my friends back in the future. I thought of my Bulgarian friends and how they would be entering the Triwizard Tournament. I thought of Karkaroff and how much he’d be relieved that I disappeared, along with my brother, Draco. Then I thought of my new friends, Fred, George, Mercury, Harry, Ron, Hermione. I thought of how Fred and George would try (and fail epically) to enter the tournament. I also thought of how Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Mercury would somehow get put in the middle somehow.