Did That Really Just Happen?

Chapter 15

Fayette’s POV

The Past

The last thing I remember was closing my eyes, right before I shot through the glassy surface of ice and into the Black Lake. Cold and darkness surrounded me in a black void. I went to go hug myself with my arms to keep warm, only to realize that I couldn’t move my arms. I couldn’t even see my body. I felt like a pair of floating eyeballs. 

I moved the only thing that I could; my eyes. I looked around the endless space. Nothing seemed to really pop out, except a tiny light, near my foot. I squinted, trying to look closer. The light seemed to be getting bigger, and bigger, until it consumed me. 

The light surrounded me felt like I was being struck by lightning. The light seemed to burn my skin and set me alight, blinding me with white and charging up my energy. I could feel the currents pinging around through my body, and struggled to hold back a scream, which I doubt would come out, anyways. 

After a few moments, the light dimmed somewhat to a grey color, and so did the pain. In front of me now was a man that looked around 21. He had the same signature Potter black hair and piercing hazel eyes. He also had a smile on his face. 

“Hello,” he said cheerily. “My name is Jason Potter. And I’m guessing that you’re Fayette?”

I looked at him and nodded dumbly. “Well come on!” he said over his shoulder as he began to walk away.

I followed him, seeing as though I had no other choice. 

Jason led me into a room. It was the same blinding white, but this time, it had walls. In the middle of the room, there seemed to be a projection screen. I looked at Jason curiously.

“We’ll get to that in a minute,” he said, waving his hand dismissively. “Now, I have one question for you. Do you want to go back to your time now, or later?” 

I gaped. There was no question. YES, I WANT TO GO BACK NOW. But before I could answer, Jason continued. 

“But you must think through all of the options you have,” he said. “If you stay in the past, you could find love, happiness, and be apart of something that you couldn’t have imagined of. It would all be a great experience. But if you go back to the future, then you won’t get these opportunities.”

I then started to weigh my options. “So if I choose to stay, I will eventually go back, right?” I looked up at Jason, hopefully. 

“Of course, kid. That is, if you still want to…”

“Then yeah,” I said. “Sure, I’ll stay.”

“Great!” he said. 

Then everything started to fade back to black. 

But all I could think about was that Jason didn’t explain the projector screen. 

Remus’ POV

I looked into the lake and saw nothing. The waters were churning black and red, sloshing up onto the broken ice. I looked down, horrified. As Malfoy and his gang got closer, I could hear their snickers. My blood boiled in anger. I looked over to my friends to see that they were fuming. 

Malfoy was laughing joyously at the blood that stained the ice that we were standing on. It seemed as though the force that was created to keep me in place was weakened. I pushed through it, and began storming over to the Slytherins, my werewolf instincts taking over.