The Future ~ Everyone Say Hi to Harold! :D

Chapter 20: Before Christmas Eve

It was Yule Ball time. The day before Christmas Eve. I was SO excited. Hermione’s mom had pulled through and sent me a dress. Let me just say that it was beyond perfect. It was green, blue-ish, and black. Perfection. Floaty. Basically, it was the same as Hermione’s, though green. I can honestly say that I loved Hermione’s mom. 

“Come on, Mercury!” Hermione shouted through the door. 

I was in the bathroom getting ready to go to the Great Hall. 

“I’ll be done in a minute!”  I called. 

I put on makeup; something I rarely did. Eyeliner around the eyes and a little lip gloss and concealer. I put on a shirt that says, ‘WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE. ARE YOU SURPRISED WE LIED ABOUT HAVING COOKIES?’, grey skinny jeans, and orange converse. I skipped out of the bathroom to face Hermione who was fuming. She stopped tapping her foot impatiently when she saw me. 

“About time! We’re going to be late!”

I rolled my eyes. Everyone came at different times to the Great Hall. It’s not like it was the Welcoming or Departing Feasts where everyone dined together. Meh, whatever. Let’s just leave Hermione to her own devices. She grabbed my hand and started dragging me out of the dormitory and down the stairs to meet Harry and Ron. 

“Hey look, its Harold! Everyone say hi to Harold!” I yelled to the whole common room, pointing at Harry. 

Everyone turned to us and said in sync, “Hi Harold!” then turned away. Harry looked dumbstruck. Who knew that the whole house of Gryffindor was this awesome? I DID. Then we left the epic awesome amazing room. AKA, Gryffindor common room. 

“What’s gotten into you today, Mercury?”  Hermione asked me exasperatedly. 

“I don’ know, Hermione, but it seems SUPER FANTASTICAL, DOESN’T IT?” I shouted. By now we were in the Great Hall, and everyone had the nerve to stop what they were doing and look at me. 

“What are you lot staring at?” I yelled. 

Awkwardly, everyone turned back to what they were eating.

I then skipped to the Gryffindor table, plopped myself down, and took a plateful of bacon. Mmmm. Bacon. What IS wrong with me today? Maybe it was that potion that we made in Potions the other day. Professor Snape told us specifically not to drink it, for it would make us loony in the mind, permanently. I had accidentally swallowed some when some random Slytherin had ‘tripped’ and spilt some on me. 

“Hey Hermione?” I said. 

“What is it now, Mercury?” she sighed. 

“I’m gunna go to the hospital wing.”

She gasped. “What? Why? Are you feeling okay? What’s going on?”

“Sheesh. Calm down. I think I swallowed some of that potion that Snape made us make. I’m going, see ya.”

Man, I hope this potion isn’t life threatening. Meh, oh well. As long as I lived till the Yule Ball. 

“You’ll be fine,” Madam Pomfrey, the nurse from the hospital wing, assured. 

I sighed in relief. Yay! I wasn’t going to die! 

“You’ll just be really random and messed up in the mind for the rest of your life,” she said nonchalantly. 

“Oh yeah, that’s cool. As long as you don’t check me into St. Mungos’ Mental Ward,” I told her earnestly. 

She chuckled and sent me off to the common room. 

A/N: Not what you expected, huh? Yeaa, I didn't expect it either. Oh well. I guess she'll just be more random. I know that it's short, but I wanted to upload. Yay! Starting up this story again! :D

Comment & you'll get a dedication. (Limit 5 people :))