Revenge

Chapter Fourteen: Revenge

Fayette’s POV

The Past

I dragged my friends through the courtyard and out onto the grounds. The snow was banking up, making us have to march to not get buried. The wind whipped my hair as I skipped out, ruffling it in the breeze. It felt quite nice, actually, a nice change from the stuffy common room and corridors that are usually filled with students. In the distance, I saw the enormous willow tree called the Whomping Willow. It’s called that because it whips branches at anyone that approaches, making it pretty deadly. 

“Why are we out here, again?” Sirius whines. 

I rolled my eyes. “Because you boys are too gloomy for your own good!”

I led them over to the Black Lake. It was so cold, that it had frozen over, it’s surface like shiny glass. I looked it over. It seemed thick enough. I let go of Sirius and Jacob’s hands and cautiously began walking out onto the glassy terrain. The ice crunched slightly when I put weight on it, but I didn’t pay it any heed. Of course it would crack a bit with pressure. It always did at Durmstrang when I tried this. I walked out further, still. It seemed okay, so I called to my friends. Remus and Sirius looked amused while James and Jacob looked slightly worried. 

“C’mon, you worrywarts! It won’t kill you!” I yelled playfully. 

Remus and Sirius shrugged and started to slip onto the ice after me. I took my wand out of my boot and transfigured my boots into ice skates. James and Jacob shared a look of uncertainty and dread. I guessed that it was part of their ‘triplet thing’. I skated over to Remus and Sirius, trying to hold both of them up at the same time. It didn’t work, because, well, a fourteen year old trying to hold up two fifteen year olds didn’t really work out. So, I slipped and they fell on top of me. 

“Ugh!” I said, trying to breathe. “Why are you guys so FAT?!”

From the corner of my eye, I saw James and Jacob laughing hysterically. Jerks. 

Remus laughed and started to get up. When he stood, he began to help up Sirius who shook his head and said, “Nah, I like where I am.” I could hear the smirk in his voice. 

“Sirius!” I cried, using all of my strength to push him off of me. He laughed and stood beside Remus, holding a hand out for me to take and help myself up. I took it and hoisted myself up, then turned to glare at the two of three triplets, laughing like there was no tomorrow. Well, on my account, they wouldn’t have one. Not while they were laughing while I was getting crushed by my friends. Or should I say, hippos. They really need to eat less at meal times. 

“C’mon!” I yelled at them. They sighed in defeat and began to cautiously come onto the ice. “Finally!” I screeched happily.

Sirius rubbed his ear. “Ooww!” he said, half his face scrunched up in ‘pain’.

“That’s what you get for squishing me, you fatty!” I laughed. 

He did the most childish thing he could do. He stuck his tongue out at me. I mirrored him. We stayed like that until James coughed slightly to get our attention. This just made me laugh as hard as I possibly could without resulting in tears. I bet these people think I’m crazy. Oh well. I probably am. 

I gazed around the grounds for the heck of it. Actually, I was kind of suspecting that something would happen. And happen, it did. Out of nowhere, five shapes appeared. I noticed the bleach blond hair of my father, and boy did he look pissed. I could only imagine that the people behind him were his supposed friends. To me, they looked more like cronies and bodyguards, rather than friends. I chuckled at the thought, then snapped back to the matter at hand. Lucius’ wand was pointed straight at me as they were walking. He muttered a spell, and I felt myself starting to rise up into the air. 

My friends looked bewildered as I floated up out of their grasp. My eyes were large as I was experiencing one of my worst fears- heights. I could feel a force bringing me up, sort of like an elevator or a bullet in a loaded gun. I could honestly say that I was absolutely horrified and exhilarated at the same time. It made me feel as though I could die at any moment, but I’d never felt so alive. 

Suddenly, the pressure that was keeping me afloat ceased, and I found myself spinning toward the ice, face first. I tried to twist to where I had my hands out in front of me to break the fall, but it seemed as though my body were paralyzed. It also seemed as though another force was pushing my friends away from the point of where I was going to crash into the ice. I was falling at a rate that would at least break my nose, and at the most, my neck. 

My arms flailed about me, but I couldn’t move them of my own accord, nor could I move my legs or any other part of my body that flapped around in the deadly wind uselessly. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the blood that was sure to erupt from me when I made contact. 

REMUS LUPIN’S POV

(Just thought I’d try something different)

“C’mon, you worrywarts! It won’t kill you!” Fayette yelled at us playfully. 

Sirius and I shrugged and started to slip onto the ice after her. She took her wand out of her boot and transfigured her boots into ice skates. James and Jacob shared a look of uncertainty and dread. Sirius and I knew that it was part of their ‘triplet thing’. Fayette skated over to Sirius and I, trying to hold both of us up at the same time. It didn’t work, because, well, a fourteen year old trying to hold up two fifteen year olds didn’t really work out. So, she slipped and we fell on top of her. 

“Ugh!” she gasped, trying to breathe. “Why are you guys so FAT?!”

From the corner of my eye, I saw James and Jacob laughing hysterically.  

I laughed and started to get up. When I stood, I began to help up Sirius who shook his head and said, “Nah, I like where I am.” I see the smirk on his face

“Sirius!” she cried, using all of her strength to push him off of her. He laughed and stood beside me, holding a hand out for her to take and help herself up. She took it and hoisted herself up, then turned to glare at the two of three triplets, laughing like there was no tomorrow. Well, on her account, I was pretty sure that they wouldn’t have one. Not while they were laughing while she was getting crushed by her friends. 

“C’mon!” Fayette yelled at them. They sighed in defeat and began to cautiously come onto the ice. “Finally!” she screeched happily.

Sirius rubbed his ear. “Ooww!” he said, half his face scrunched up in ‘pain’.

“That’s what you get for squishing me, you fatty!” she laughed. 

He did the most childish thing he could do. He stuck his tongue out at her. She mirrored him. They stayed like that until James coughed slightly to get their attention. This just made me laugh as hard as I possibly could without resulting in tears. 

Fayette then began to look out over the grounds, as if expecting something. Suddenly, five figures emerged out of nowhere, trooping across the grounds with their wands raised. I immediately recognized the person that was walking in front. Even though his bleach blond hair blended in with the snowy scenery, it stood out, clear as day. Malfoy muttered a spell, and Fayette began flying up in the air, like some balloon filled with helium. Her eyes were wide with horror and adrenaline. Then, I felt some force forcing me backwards, away from my friend that was floating helplessly. I tried to fight the force, but something kept me in place, as it did with my other friends. 

Suddenly, Fayette was crashing face-first toward the ice in break-neck speed, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. 

Even though I haven’t known Fayette for long, it seemed as though she had made herself a spot reserved just for her in my heart. There was something about those innocent, pale grey eyes and snow white hair that just made me grin cheesily. 

So my heart absolutely broke in two when Fayette broke the ice, and fell into the freezing cold water, her blood lacing itself through the blackness, coloring the water red.  

A/N: Aww. Poor Remus & Fayette. I thought that i would make him like her or something, because I really like Remus and wanted him to have some part in this story. Hmm. Anyways, comment/vote/fan!