The Future

Chapter 18:

The Future

Mercury’s POV

Past the Second Task

Okay. So, it’s nearly Yule Ball time. The second task had nothing special about it. The person that was most special to me was George. Dumbledore had explained to me that since Hermione was Viktor’s ‘special person’ (awwwh!) that he and the other teachers had to decide between the two twins, since they were my best friends also. Turns out that they found George before Fred. Meh, whatever. 

So now it’s the Yule Ball, and then Christmas holidays. I’ve been having this dream on my mind. Do you remember the one where I met James and Jason Potter? They told me that I could bring back the dead as my power. I wonder if I tried it now, if I’d be able to bring back my mother, her brothers, and Harry’s parents. 

“MERCURY!” Hermione screeched. 

“Hmm?” I asked, not really paying attention. 

“We’re going to go dress shopping in Hogsmead today!” she yelled excitedly. 

“Okay, what’s got you all happy-peppy?” I asked, annoyed with her cheerfulness for some reason. 

“Guess who asked me to the ball while I was in the library!!!!” she said, grinning her face off. 

“Who?” I asked to humor her, though I already knew who it was. 

“VIKTOR KRUM!” she squealed. 

That made my mood improve. They’re cute together. Aww. 

“OH MY GOSH!”

“You already knew, didn’t you?” she asked. 

“Oh yeah, totally.”

“And don’t tell Harry or Ron,” she said. 

“Why?”

“They JUST noticed that I was a girl,” she complained. 

“Ooh, that’s low, even for Ron…”

The other day, Viktor had come up to me. He confessed that he’d seen Hermione in the library every day, and that he would like to ask her to the Yule Ball, yet he couldn’t figure out a way to do it. I told him just be blunt, because beating around the bush will just make him even more nervous than he already claimed to be. It was cute, really.

“C’mon, Mere!” Hermione yelled. Right now we were dress shopping. It was our fourth store. 

Hermione had already found her dress. It was made of floaty periwinkle-blue material. It would look absolutely amazing on her. 

Hermione dragged me to the next  store.

“Hey Mercury, Hermione!” said Dean Thomas, a fellow Gryffindor. I wasn’t close with him, but he was my friend

“Hey, Dean!” Herms and I chorused. 

“Whatcha doin’?” he asked. 

“Dress shopping,” ’Mione grinned while I groaned. 

“Wanna help?” ’Mione asked. 

He shrugged. “I’ve got nothing better to do.” 

And so we set off.  

A/n: Sorry that its short, but it's a school night, I have a major project due and everything else. Next chapter, I'll put up a pic of what Mercury's dress will look like, promise. Okay, so Dean is going to become miore important in this book because, well, i don't know, I just like him. He's pretty chill. I'll probably update tomorrow. 

Stay amazing, 

-Jessica