Chapter 2: A New Parent

A/N: Since you all loved the first chapter so much I decided to be nice and give you a second one ASAP! Hope you enjoy!

Third Person POV

The police had finally arrived an hour after they cleared out the main tent. A full investigation had begun on the circumstance of John and Mary Grayson's deaths. During this time, Dick and Bruce were still up on the platform with Danny.

A paramedic had gone up there earlier to check on them, but none of them agreed to move. The paramedic had gone down the ladder and resorted to just waiting at the bottom until they came down. Meanwhile, Dick was trying to coax Danny into going down.

"No," Danny kept whispering, "They'll fall. I'll fall. We all fall."

"Danny, it's okay, you're not going to fall. You're safe," Dick whispered to his brother. He brushed a few locks of hair off of Danny's sweaty forehead. He was taking in short, quick breaths.

"Excuse me. Dick? Was it?" Bruce asked. Dick nodded, "Would you mind if I tried talking to him?" Bruce asked.

Dick looked from Bruce to his brother, "I don't know."

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing," Bruce assured him. After a moment, Dick nodded. Bruce knelt down and moved closer to Danny.

"Hello, my name is Bruce Wayne. What's your name?" the billionaire asked.

"D-Danny," the young boy stuttered, his eyes blank.

"Nice to meet you Danny. If I may, how old are you?"

"T-twelve," Danny replied, almost robotically. His breathing began to even out a bit.

Bruce gently placed a hand on Danny's shoulder causing the boy to flinch a little, "Would you like to get down Danny?"

Danny shook his head, "Too..... far."

"Danny, you're safe. No one else is going to fall. You're brother is here beside you to help you," Bruce told him calmly.

Danny took a few deep breaths and looked at Dick, "You won't let me fall?"

Dick tousled his brother's hair, "I'll never let you fall Danny. I promise."

Danny nodded and, with Bruce and Dick's help, slowly stood up. They guided him to the ladder and helped him get down where the waiting paramedic rushed him away to be checked over for injuries.

"Thank you Mr.Wayne. For helping me get Danny down," Dick said to the man.

Bruce gave him a small smile, "You're welcome Dick. And please call me Bruce."

Dick nodded, his dark hair falling over his eyes, "I should check on Danny. Thanks again." Dick rushed off to see his brother.

Bruce walked over to Commissioner James Gordon. "How did this happen?" Bruce asked the Commissioner.

He stroked his chin in thought, "It was most likely an accident but I'm not ready to rule out homicide just yet."

"Commissioner! You should see this!" an officer cried. Bruce and Gordon walked over to the officer.

"What is it O'Brien?" Gordon asked.

"Take a look at this," the officer said as he held up a piece of rope the was connected to the bars. It was slightly frayed.

"Looks like it was cut," the Commissioner observed.

"Seems to me like someone wanted to make sure the Flying Graysons fell," Bruce added.