Many Years Later

Third Person POV

It was a peaceful night. The moon was high in the cloudless sky, surrounded by glittering stars. Waves crashed against the shore of Titans Tower as the wind picked up mist and the scent of seawater and carried it off into the air. Nightwing stood on the roof of Titans Tower, looking at the bright lights of Jump City in the distance. He inhaled deeply, taking in the cool night air and letting it out slowly. He could barely remember a night where he felt this at peace.

He felt a hand slowly slide onto his shoulder as a pair of lips pecked his cheeks. "What are you still doing up?" Starfire asked, resting her chin on the edge of Nightwing's shoulder as she slid her hand down his arm until they were holding hands.

Nightwing turned his head to give Starfire a kiss on the cheek. "I could ask you the same question." He replied with a smirk, intertwining his fingers with hers.

The Tamaranean woman raised her eyebrow. "That is true. But I have asked you first, therefore you must answer first." She said smartly, pinching Nightwing's cheek scoldingly.

Nightwing sighed, rubbing his sore cheek. "Can't argue with that logic." He said with a chuckle. Nightwing released Starfire's hand and quickly spun around, grabbing his girlfriend by her waist and pulling her close. Starfire gasped in surprise as she wrapped her arms around Nightwing's neck. The muscular man planted a quick kiss on Starfire's lips and smiled, his eyes sparkling with mischief behind his mask. He dipped Starfire lightly and her long fiery red hair barely brushed the ground. "If you must know why I am still awake, it is because I cannot sleep." He answered, speaking in a mockingly proper voice.

Starfire's glowing green eyes narrowed. "Very funny." She said. Starfire removed her arms from around Nightwing's neck and flew out of Nightwing's embrace, straight up into the air. She quickly flew back to the ground and grabbed the man's ankles, lifting him into the air. The older man let out an unbecoming yelp as he dangled helplessly in Starfire's grip. "Now, why are you really still awake?" She asked, trying hard to hide her enjoyment of teasing Nightwing. 

Nightwing was not so easily defeated though. He twisted in Starfire's grip, causing her grip on his ankles to loosen. He then swung his body upwards, pulling his ankles fully out of her grip. As he completed his swing, Nightwing latched onto Starfire's ankles and used his momentum to throw her to the ground. The two fell towards the roof, with Starfire slowing their descent so they would land unharmed. The couple landed on the roof of the tower and just lay there, staring up at the stars.

The man sighed. "I wish we could have more nights like this." Nightwing mused softly. He reached for Starfire's hand and felt their fingers intertwine. He could feel the warmth of her palm through his gloves and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Well," Starfire began, "if Damian continues to show improvement in his leadership skills, I feel that we can leave the Titans in good hands." She paused briefly, then let out a small chuckle. "I do hope he does not kill Beast Boy before that happens though."

Nightwing laughed. "Those two just have a special relationship. When I first met Damian he tried to kill me too." Nightwing smiled as he remembered how that night went. It was totally worth all the stitches. "Besides, Raven and Blue Beetle do a good job of keeping them under control." Nightwing lifted his free arm and rested it under his head. "Do you think Raven will ever tell Beast Boy how she feels?" He asked absentmindedly.

He felt Starfire move closer to him and snuggle against his arm, squeezing his hand. "Perhaps if he were to mature a little more." She laughed.

Nightwing laughed in return and turned onto his side, propping himself up on his elbow. He leaned over Starfire and lowered his head to give Starfire a gentle kiss. His eyes closed as he kissed her forehead, then her nose, followed by both her cheeks and finally her lips once more. Starfire giggled like a child as Nightwing gave her little pecks on the neck. She retaliated by reaching up and tickling his abdomen. The man held strong, giving Starfire a raspberry on her neck. She laughed loudly, pushing against Nightwing, causing him to lose his balance and fall onto his back once more.