Chapter 31: Decisions

Third Person POV

"Do you want to come back to Gotham with me and Bruce?" Dick asked seriously.

Danny was silent. Return to Gotham with his old family or stay in Amity Park with his new one; it was a tough choice. He didn't know how to answer it. A part of him wanted to stay in Amity Park with his new family and friends and continue to be Amity Park's protector, yet another part of him wanted to go to Gotham with Bruce and Dick so he could go back to his old life. Danny bit his lip as he continued to think over his options.

"You don't have to answer us now." Bruce said, interrupting Danny's thoughts. The teen looked to the older man, seeing the understanding in his eyes. Bruce knew that this was a major choice for Danny, he didn't want Danny to feel pressured to answer them that moment and make a choice he wouldn't be happy with later. "Dick and I are going to be in Amity Park until Monday afternoon." the billionaire stated. He stood and walked over to Danny, handing him business card. "This is my contact information and on the back is the hotel we are staying at. When you've made your decision let us know." Bruce knelt in front of Danny, still seeing the unsure and conflicted look in the teen's eyes. "You take as long as you need to think about this. Whether it be a day, a week, or even a month, take your time." The young halfa locked eyes with Bruce. "The choice has to be your own. What you want."

Bruce stood and Dick followed suit, shooting a small smile at Danny and his family. Bruce walked back over to the couch and picked up the silver briefcase. Maddie and Jack stood to show them out while Jazz took Maddie's spot beside Danny to talk to her brother.

Once outside, Dick and Bruce piled into limousine. As it pulled away from the large building Bruce set the briefcase on the floor, leaning back into the leather seats. He looked at Dick from the corner of his eye and saw the teen's troubled expression. "Are you upset, Dick?" Bruce asked.

Dick sighed softly, scratching his head. "I don't know. I don't think I am." The teen pinched the bridge of his nose. "I just... I finally found him... After all this time, I found him." Dick went silent for a moment before continuing. "He has a new family, a new life. It wouldn't be right to take him away from that."

Bruce turned to his young ward and placed a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder. The two vigilantes locked eyes. "Whatever Danny chooses, will you accept it?" He asked simply.

The silence that followed the question was long as Dick thought over what Bruce had asked. If Danny chose to stay in Amity Park, would he accept it? He had devoted so much time searching for Danny, so many sleepless nights endlessly looking for any clue on where his brother might be. To let his younger brother go, could he do it? 

"Yes." Dick replied, nodding, "If it means Danny will be happy, then I'll be happy too. No matter what he chooses." Bruce nodded, patting the teen on the shoulder and Dick smiled. "Besides, even if he stays there's nothing saying that I can't drop by and visit him."

Bruce chuckled lightly, glad to see that his young ward's mood had lifted. "Good. I left Barbara and Alfred in charge of watching over Gotham since crime has been slow lately so we can afford to take a few days off." Dick's eyes widened when he heard Bruce - the man who would never skip a night of patrol even if he was on his deathbed -  say that he was okay with taking a few days off. "Now, I suggest we get back to the hotel and get some rest."  The billionaire told him.

Dick raised an eyebrow, confused. "What for?" He asked, "We're not on duty here, and you don't actually have any business in Amity Park... Right?"

Bruce stared out the window, up at the cloudless blue sky. He squinted as he scanned the surrounding buildings and alleyways. This was new territory to him, he was at a disadvantage. He felt like someone was watching them. Or, could it be something else? Bruce turned his head to look out the rear window of the limo as the Fenton Works sign grew smaller and smaller. Bruce frowned, "I have a strange feeling we aren't the only ones with our eyes on Daniel Grayson."