slowtown

"hey, hey, wouldn't it be great, great, if we could just lay down and wake up in slowtown." slowtown [twenty øne piløts]

Life was finally slowing down again, with the end of the tour and record promo's, life was returning to normal for Maya, Brendon and Sarah. They went home, they had pool days and shopping days and sofa days and music days. Maya has another day until she has to go back to school.

Amelia flops onto the sofa between Maya and Penny Lane, scratching the dog's head affectionately "You know, I'm glad I can always rely on you to get me days off school." She jokes as Sarah sits on the other side of the dog "No problem, as long as you two aren't missing out on too much work." she laughs and Maya rolls her eyes "But mom, the point is to miss as much work as possible." Brendon reaches over the top of the sofa, ruffling Maya's hair "That's my girl." He grins, to which Sarah rolls her eyes as well. There's a knock at the front door, and Brendon stands to answer it, Maya listens for a moment, hearing only a few words before recognising the voices "Gerard!" She leaps from the sofa, startling the sleeping Bogart before racing down the hallway to tackle the man in a hug. He laughs, hugging her back "Hey space girl." Maya smiles up at him "It's been like, a whole month since I've seen you." She complains, turning to Lindsey and hugging her too. Bandit holds her arms out "Maya!" The seven year old holds her arms out, to which Maya smiles, picking her up and spinning her around before placing her down again. Brendon laughs at his daughter, before she drags both Gerard and Brendon, Lindsey following with Bandit, through to the living room. Sarah and Amelia wave before Maya continues to drag Gerard to the studio, he'd promised to help her with an art assessment that Piper had passed on to her. Gerard sits next to her at the desk, fiddling with a pencil "Y'know, as much as I still love to draw, I mostly write the comics now." He laughs softly, beginning to define the outline of the character she'd been drawing. Maya rolls her eyes at him "I've seen your drawings, they're amazing." Gerard shakes his head, smiling "Lindsey's still a better artist than me." Maya moves across the room and begins fiddling with the iMac for a moment. What Do They Know? by Mindless Self Indulgence starts playing, Gerard laughs again before Maya nods "I can't not agree with that." Lindsey knocks on the door, walking in slowly "Firstly, great music taste." She jokes "What're you drawing?" she sits on the table, looking over the page "We have to design a character and do some sample sketches." Maya explains "But I'm pretty shit at it, so, there's that." Lindsey laughs "You're not shit, Sarah showed me your portfolio from before the tour, it's great." Maya smiles "Thanks." Lindsey leans over, taking the pencil from Gerard and fixing a few things.

Amelia rolls over on the couch, facing Maya "Did you finish it?" Maya nods, hugging Lindsey and Gerard thank you before sitting on the floor next to Bandit, who's playing with Bogart. The three Way's stay for another hour before leaving, having to take Bandit to school. Maya moves from the floor to the sofa, lying across Brendon and Amelia's legs lazily "What're we doing today." Brendon sighs "Well, you two have school tomorrow, suckers." Sarah nods, scratching Penny Lane's ears "And Bren's gotta go into see the guys at Fueled By Ramen, so I'm taking you in." Maya groans "Yuck, school." Amelia nods in agreement "Gross." Brendon sighs "Me too." Sarah rolls her eyes, walking to the kitchen.  

Sarah stops the car, waving to the girls as they exit the car. Amelia and Maya make their way to their first classes, both wishing they were still watching netflix on the sofa, but unfortunately Brendon and Sarah could only convince the school that a week was enough to recover from a three hour time zone difference. Eventually lunch arrives, and Maya can finally see her friends again. Piper and Sam cheer when she sits down, Noah grins "How's life, my internationally famous bassist." He jokes, elbowing her side gently. Maya laughs "Pretty great, but also kinda sucky now I have to be back here. But you guys make up for that, I guess." She smiles. Amelia slides into the seat next to Maya. Sam leans across the table "What were the vma's like, did you see Kanye, is Patrick Stump really that short?" Amelia rolls her eyes, looking to Maya "Who's picking you up today?" Maya shrugs "Probably not dad, mom's going out for lunch with Meagan so probably not her either." Amelia thinks for a moment "That leaves Tyler, Josh, Pete, Patrick or Gerard." Maya nods, taking a bite of the soggy food they were served as lunch "I saw Gerard and Lindsey like, a day ago. So it won't be them, and Gerard has to pick Bandit up, Pete and Patrick are probably with Saint, Bronx and Declan if they're not with Meagan." Amelia nods "Five bucks it's Tyler and Josh." Maya shrugs "Five bucks it's Pete and Patrick, with the kids." The pair shake hands before returning to the rest of the group's conversation before Piper gasps loudly "Holy shit." She looks across at a mostly empty table, except for a boy sitting with three other people. Amelia looks over quickly, swearing as well. Maya frowns as Noah rolls his eyes and begins to explain "That's Miles. He left the school two years ago, got kicked out for trying to set fire to the girl's toilet block. There was a massive thing about it because his parents tried to sue the school. He's a complete dickhead though." Maya nods slowly, watching Miles as the other three do. Soon most of the cafeteria are sneaking glances as the returned student, most whispering about why he's back or what he did. Noah only sighs, standing to leave for his last classes "The only advice I can give you about Miles is to stay the fuck away, he's bad news." Piper nods "Noah's right. He got four other kids suspended at two expelled before he got kicked out." Maya nods once more, still watching Miles, who looks up and frowns at her for a moment. He didn't recognise her, but why should he, it's been two years since he's been at this school. There were bound to be new kids. Maya's about to stand when he flashes a smile at her a winks. She turns around to face Piper and Sam quickly, who are shaking their heads "Fuck off Miles." Piper yells across the room, standing to leave. Miles throws his hands in the air "What's wrong Pipes, why can't we just be friends? Can't I have any fun around here anymore." Piper rolls her eyes "Don't call me that, you're the one who got Emily expelled for something she didn't even do. Blame yourself for me not liking you." She leaves the large room, slamming one of the doors behind her. Sam follows, calling Miles something along the lines of a "Dickhead, nasty, bitch-ass, motherfucker." as she leaves. Amelia leans over, the room now silent "Emily was Piper's best friend, before she got expelled four years ago. Miles convinced her to tell the principle that she was the one who put fireworks in the gym." She whispers. Maya only nods again, feeling Miles' stare into her back.

a/n: guess who's back haha ! chapter one ! woo ! 

so i do rowing with my school and we travel interstate to compete on weekends so updates might not be as frequent as they were in impossible year, but i'll try not to use all my data/find macca's free wifi so i can update (i actually have so many drafts rn i've got it covered until like chapter eight you guys this is more prepared for anything than i've ever been)

i really hope you guys liked it, i'm super excited to keep sharing maya and her adventure with you + welcome to book two kids :)

grace x