leave this blue neighbourhood

"we're all human, we're just like you man. we're sentient, we're something, you know I can't really remember, whatever. we shouldn't have people afloat, if it was safer underground, we wouldn't be on a boat." - loving someone [the 1975]

Maya's woken by Pete mumbling something about weather as he walks through the bunks. Patrick throws something at him "Dude, we're on a bus. You can't complain about the weather." Maya rolls over, pulling the curtain back "Good morning to you too." she mutters, pulling a pair of socks on and walking to the lounge. Andy waves and she waves back, yawning. She pulls a bowl out, picking up a box of cereal before trying not to spill the milk as she pours it in after the cereal. Pete and Patrick walk out from the bunks, Pete on his phone, Patrick reading a book. Maya sits on Andy's lap "Are we stopping today, or just driving?" Patrick shrugs "We might stop and get food somewhere, but otherwise probably not." Joe, who's just woken up, walks through the door, stumbling straight to the kitchen area of the lounge "Breakfast." He mutters, yawning. Maya laughs and Pete shakes his head, laughing too.

Patrick, Joe and Andy are talking about the new setlist in the kitchen, Maya's having a nap in her bunk. Since they rarely had anyone else on the bus with them overnight other than her, the spare top bunk had become hers. Pete slept on the middle bunk opposite, Patrick was on the bunk above Pete, and Joe was on the one under Maya, Andy on the bunk underneath Joe. She's woken up by Pete when they reach McDonalds on the side of the road, and they need to refuel the bus. Pete piggybacks her off the bus, and she's still half-asleep when he orders for her. When he picks up the bag of food, Maya still holding on to his shoulder, he walks toward the door "Do you wanna eat on the bus?" she nods, yawning again as Pete walks out, telling Patrick and Joe they're going back. They take a photo with two fans, and Maya apologises sleepily for being so tired. They only laugh, telling Pete and Maya that they're going to the New York show. Pete nods "That's awesome, we'll see you guys up there." The two fans nod, saying bye and returning to their car as Pete walks to the bus through the rain.

They sit in the bus, Maya lies down while she's eating, trying not to spill food and failing. Pete laughs at her, picking his phone up off the bench and opening spotify. He glances across at her "Y'know I'm proud of you Maya. You've come a long way from last year's tour." She smiles back at him "Thanks. I feel a lot better than I did last year." Pete nods "I'm glad. Brendon's so proud of you too, you've grown up a lot. Everyone's super proud of you, really." She smiles shyly, before rolling off the sofa to hug him. He laughs, hugging her back "You've done good kid. I'm proud of you." 

She lies with her head resting on his legs again, they're finished eating, but Patrick, Joe and Andy still weren't back yet. Pete laughs a little "You've met Bronx, you know how much of a trouble maker he can be." He sighs "When Brendon and Sarah introduced me to you, and while I could see you still transitioning into the family, it just reminded me so much of when Bronx was little. And when he first met Patrick, Joe and Andy. Even when he met Brendon. I hardly get to see him anymore, and it sucks. Ashlee and I got fifty-fifty custody, but he's with her more than he's with me. While we're touring he's with her, and most of the time while we're doing promos he can't come. I mean, I've got Meagan and Saint and it's more than I could ever ask for, but I still miss him. When I met you, and then the first tour, you really put everything back into place for a while. I was heading down a bad path, but when I had to help look after you on the road, it helped a lot." Maya doesn't realise she's tearing up until Pete pulls her into another hug "Hey, don't cry." He laughs, and she laughs back, nodding as she hugs him "You'll always be my second dad/uncle/just pete." She giggles, resting her head on his shoulder. 

Patrick piggybacks her into the venue the next day, even though she's awake. Pete walks next to them, Joe and Andy on Patrick's other side. Brendon smiles from the stage when he sees them coming in, and Zack passes Maya her bass as Fall Out Boy go backstage, Andy hugs Maya goodbye "You should come join our show tonight, okay?" He laughs as Maya nods enthusiastically. Brendon hugs her before she puts the strap of her bass over her shoulder "I missed you." He smiles, and she hugs him back "I missed you too." 

They're all sitting backstage, Paramore's playing at the moment. Maya's lying with her head in Brendon's lap, Amelia's sitting across from them, next to Ryan, with headphones in. Maya looks up, pulling Brendon's phone away from his face and tapping on his glasses "Hello? Earth to dad?" she jokes. Brendon smiles "Sorry, what'd you say?" she rolls her eyes "I asked how you met Pete." He frowns for a minute "It's not a very interesting story, and Ryan can probably tell it better." Brendon nods at the other man "But when we had just started the band, and Brent was still playing bass for us, we basically spammed someone who we thought could get two of our demos to pete. We had them up on some website, I can't remember if it was MySpace or LiveJournal, and we got an email a few weeks after we tried to send the demos to him telling us he was in vegas and he wanted to see us play. We organised that, and we didn't have any instruments so it was basically just an acoustic of the only song we had finished, and he said he wanted to sign us." he pauses "It was cool having Pete own the label he signed us to though, because when we got ourselves into shit with money and companies tried to come in and get us to sign contracts he'd have to take the label's side, but he'd come in and tell us what to do. If he hadn't helped us out then we probably wouldn't have made it to where we are. It was kinda like a big brother situation, he was looking out for us loads." She nods, grabbing his hand and closing her eyes, falling asleep.

Ryan wakes her up "Pete and Patrick want you on stage in five." He helps her stand from the sofa. She yawns "Okay. Instrument?" Ryan shakes his head "Their set's almost finished, Brendon's prepping for 20 dollar." She nods, high-fiving Amelia before walking to the side of stage. Pete grins when he spots her, and Patrick begins to play "Have you ever wanted to disappear? And join a monastery, go out and preach on Manic Street? Who will I be when I wake up next to a stranger on a passenger plane?" Brendon waltzes across the stage, grinning at Patrick "Permanent jet-lag, please take me back. Please take me back. I'm a stray dog sick, please let me in." Brendon nods, and Maya joins him on stage, running and jumping into his arms before singing "The mad key's tripping, singing vows before we exchange smoke rings. Give me a pen, call me Mr. Benzedrine. But don't let the doctor in, I wanna blow off steam and," Brendon and Patrick join her singing now, and Brendon places her on the ground to do a backflip and high-five Joe "Call me Mr. Benzedrine, but don't let the doctor in, don't let the doctor in." Maya climbs on top of Patrick's piano as he sings "It feels like fourteen carats but no clarity, when I look at the man who would be king, the man who would be king. Goes to the desert the same war his dad rehearsed, came back with flags on coffins and said 'We won, oh we won'" Brendon, patting Pete on the back and standing on one of the risers, continues singing with Maya "Permanent jet-lag, please take me back. Please take me back. I'm a stray dog sick, please let me in.The mad key's tripping, singing vows before we exchange smoke rings. Give me a pen, call me Mr. Benzedrine. But don't let the doctor in, I wanna blow off steam. Call me Mr. Benzedrine, but don't let the doctor in, don't let the doctor in." They continue singing, and the crowd begins clapping "Ba ba ba ba benzedrine, bla bla bla benzedrine. Ba ba ba ba ba benzedrine, ba ba ba ba benzedrine." Brendon picks Maya up, throwing her on to his shoulders as they sing the final part "Only one book really matters, the rest of the proof is on the television, on the-Call me, Mr. Benzedrine. But don't let the doctor in, I want to blow off steam. Call me, Mr. Benzedrine, but don't let the doctor. Don't let the doctor in." Maya jumps from Brendon's shoulders to stand on the piano, Patrick grins up at her, and the audience screams as she throws a hand into the air at the same time as her dad and they sing together "Have you ever wanted to disappear?"

a/n: happy 2007, because while the fashion was questionable, at least donald trump wasn't an international problem and half of the celebrity population was still alive. in all seriousness, if you haven't read my mega waffle about 2016 i posted on new years eve, then i hope 2017 is all you dreamed of and more :)

the next chapter's going to have a panic! meet and greet in it, so if you want to be in it leave your name(and pronouns if u want) description of yourself (like hair n' clothes kinda stuff), favorite panic! song, and something you'd give to the band/a photo pose to be included!  

hope you liked this one kids !

ps. feedback on how you guys think the story's going would be super appreciated :)  

grace x