missing you

"i heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in the world. i know how much that hurts, but if you need a friend, then please just say the word. you're all cleaned up, you've come this far, you've made a mess again." - missing you [all time low]

Maya pulls on an over-sized hoodie, that she's pretty sure used to by pete's, before slowly making her way downstairs. Sarah greets her with open arms, gently hugging her daughter "How're you feeling?" She asks quietly. Maya shakes her head "Everything hurts. I want to sleep for three years." She attempts a smile, but fails, hugging Sarah tightly. She turns, hugging Brendon next. Amelia trudges down the stairs, smiling sadly when she sees Maya. Maya stands, and Amelia hugs her "I'm sorry." They say at the same time, both smiling a little more. Sam's awake next, trudging down the stairs sleepily before panicking "My parents are going to kill me if I skip school." Brendon pats her shoulder gently "Don't worry, we've got you guys covered for the next two days." Sam stops for a moment, realising what Brendon said before hugging him suddenly "Thank you so much." Brendon laughs "It's cool." Noah walks downstairs, waving to the people already gathered in the kitchen. Piper stumbles into the wall as she enters, making Sarah laugh softly before pulling a chair out for her. Brendon places plates of pancakes in-front of the five kids, before handing Sarah a coffee mug and making one for himself. They all eat, talking quietly, and when they're done it's almost midday. Sam and Noah agree to go back to Piper's house to finish working on a history paper. Amelia goes back upstairs to sleep.

Maya curls up in Brendon's lap tiredly. Sarah strokes her hair down her back carefully "Why didn't you say anything to us May?" She asks softly. Maya shrugs "Because I thought that was just how Miles was. It made me kind of uncomfortable, but it was Miles and I thought he cared." Brendon hugs her "He was abusive, his behavior wasn't normal." Maya nods slowly "I just didn't want to upset him, because then I thought he'd get mad and," she stops, taking deep breaths and holding Sarah's hand tightly. Brendon's silent for a moment "How long's this been going on for?" He asks gently, Maya thinks for a moment "Since Amelia stopped coming over. Three weeks before that, the Party at Rose's." Sarah sighs "You could've told us, anything. That you liked him, any of it. We would've listened." Maya nods again, closing her eyes. Sarah stands, pulling Maya up with her "C'mon, we need to see how bad it is May."

She's hesitant to take off the hoodie and sweatpants, but Sarah assures her it's okay. She pulls the grey fabric over her head, looking down at her chest and stomach, blue and black marks cover almost all of her skin. There's marks under the bra she's wearing, but Sarah doesn't make her take it off. Her legs are the same, there's a lump with a bruise over the top midway down her calf, on her shin. Sarah frowns, covering her mouth in shock at how bruised her daughter really is. Brendon stands in the doorway, shaking his head as Maya pulls the hoodie and sweatpants back on "I think we need to take this to the school." he says softly, hugging Maya protectively. Sarah nods and Maya shrugs, stepping away from Brendon "He's been expelled before." She coughs a little, and there's a knock on the front door. Brendon goes to answer, leaving Sarah standing with Maya. Maya, after seeing the full extent of the kicks and punches, looks like she's going to cry again. Sarah shakes her head, hugging her "It's okay. We'll sort this out, he won't hurt you again." 

Maya follows Sarah downstairs, where she's greeted by Pete, who stands with open arms at the bottom of the stairs. Maya almost dives off the stairs into the hug, Pete's gentle, having been told by Brendon what happened "How're you doing, maya the psychic?" He asks, Maya shrugs "Sore. Okay." Pete nods, frowning and placing her back on the floor. Amelia almost falls down the stairs through a haze of sleep before bounding into Pete's arms, he picks her up too "Second Urie child!" he laughs and she rolls her eyes "I haven't seen you in ages." She complains as Pete sets her back on the ground. Pete laughs, shaking his head. They walk back into the lounge, but Maya finds herself wandering into the studio. She picks up her acoustic, fiddling with it absentmindedly. Pete closes the door gently, sitting next to her and listening to her playing for a while "How're you feeling?" He asks softly. She frowns, he'd already asked her "Just sore. That's all." He sighs "I mean mentally, since florida. How are you going." She stops playing, thinking for a moment "It's still in my head, that I could do it. But, it's not as bad. It wasn't but, with what happened last night, everything sort of came back. Sometimes I'll wake up, and the first thought is I can't believe I didn't do it while I had the chance, but I know it would've been the wrong thing to do." Pete nods "You text me, or call me, or whatever. And you make sure you're telling Brendon and Sarah when you have those days, okay? None of us could stand to see you hurt like that again Maya." He hugs her, the pair walk back into the house. She can't help but think she's making promises she can't keep.

Amelia's on the sofa watching America's Next Top Model with Sarah, Bogart and Penny Lane. Brendon's playing piano softly. Maya stumbles back down the stairs, and Brendon pulls her onto his lap, playing something she doesn't recognise "Take my mind, and take my pain. Like an empty bottle takes the rain, and heal, heal, heal, heal." He kisses the top of her head, continuing to play "And take my past, and take my sense, like an empty sail takes the wind. And heal, heal, heal, heal. And tell me somethings last. And tell me somethings last." Sarah takes a photo of the pair, opening Brendon's instagram and using the same caption after posting it on her own

@ brendonurie: rough patches.

Maya's hands are on top of Brendon's as he plays, her head rests on her dad's shoulder as he sings "Take a heart and take a hand, like an ocean takes the dirty sand. And heal, heal, hell, heal." He slows his playing again, his singing grows softer "Take my mind and take my pain. Like an empty bottle takes the rain." 

"And heal, heal, heal, heal."      

a/n: taken from my tumblr: 

legitimately praying and hoping for the safety of american lgbt+ people and communities. you are valid, you matter, you are not alone, and it will be okay. you are valuable. you are powerful. it is not your fault. i believe you, and i believe in you. the sooner we come together as global communities and protect each other the better, hotlines for the usa are below, please don't hesitate to talk to me if you ever need someone to listen to you.

we will be okay.

usa suicide hotline: 1-800-784-2433

trevor project lifeline: 1-866-488-7386

suicide prevention services crisis hotline: 800-784-2433

suicide prevention services depression hotline: 630-482-9696

child abuse hotline - support & information: 800-792-5200

crisis help line - for any kind of crisis: 800-233-4357

sexual assault hotline (english and spanish) : 800-223-5001

national domestic violence hotline: 800-799-SAFE

national youth crisis hotline: 800-448-4663

national child abuse hotline: 800-422-4453

suicide & depression hotline – covenant house: 800-999-9999

runaway hotline (all calls are confidential) : 800-231-6946

domestic & teen dating violence hotline (english and spanish) : 800-992-2600

anyone outside the usa in need of help: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

you matter. we need you. you are valid. 

sending all my love and hope from australia,

grace x