violet hill

"the hardest part of this is leaving you." - cancer [my chemical romance]

"Where are we?" One of the men ask, it's muffled through the seats, but Maya can hear them "Violet Hill, the drop off point." Maya thinks for a moment, and it's ridiculous, but she can remember a type of wine called Violet Hill. She quickly forgets the wine when the back of the car is thrown open, and two rough hands tear her out of the car. She's silent, she doesn't move, she doesn't try and scream. They watch her carefully "Don't try anything, brat. We're on a time limit." He spits at her as they begin carrying her up a driveway towards a house. 

The last person Brendon expects at the hospital is Noah, who walks in accompanied by Pete "He was in the waiting room." Pete explains, with a hand on Noah's shoulder "I heard about the Amber Alert," he glances at Brendon's arm in bandages "what happened?" Brendon laughs "Sit down." Noah does as he asks, and sits in the chair next to the bed Brendon's in, opposite Sarah and Amelia "It seems that we're having far too many conversations like this." He forces a laugh before he sighs and winces "Maya went down to get something from the cafe, and I was about to get in the car when she was walking back up. A car came around the corner, and neither of us noticed until it stopped and a guy ran out the back towards Maya. He grabbed her and started dragging her to the car, and then I started running over, but another of them in the car had a gun. They taped her legs and wrists and dumped her in the back of the car, then while they were driving away I tried running after the car again, and it got me shot." Noah nods and Pete runs his hand through his hair "Have you told Zack." Brendon shakes his head "He's not even in the country, but the police are on it." Pete pauses, mentally slapping himself, nodding. Brendon turns back to Noah, who's looking at his phone worriedly "She's going to be okay kid, they'll find her."

The house is dark, and the hallway that she's dragged through is narrow. She's crying silently, wishing she could be anywhere but here. The house carries a disgusting stench that she's sure she'll never forget if she makes it out of here. There's a final door before she's dumped on the ground. A new voice thanks the men gruffly, throwing a bag at them before ordering them to leave. He walks slowly towards her, and in the dim light she can't make out his face "Maya. It's been a while." She frowns, trying not to cry "I don't know who you are." he manages, rubbing her face with her hands, still taped together. He sighs, walking a circle around her "How could you forget your own father?" It takes her a moment to realise he means biological, not Brendon. It takes all her will power to not spit on his shoes "You're not my father." he shakes his head and kicks her "Get in line before you do anything else stupid. It won't bode well for you." She winces, curling into a ball and staying silent. He laughs, but it's not a soft laugh, it's rough, like he knows he's in control now. And she can't do anything to help herself out of here.

Brendon's sent home with Sarah, both of them holding onto Amelia tightly as they walk through the hospital car park. Pete takes Noah to his house, his parents send their condolences to Brendon and Sarah. Amelia cries in the car on the way home, held by Sarah. The three make their way through to the lounge, Brendon carries Amelia. They all sit together, Sarah and Brendon holding Amelia carefully as she cries "This is all my fault." She whispers, Sarah shakes her head as Amelia continues "I told her I didn't want to go with her. If I'd gone with her-" Brendon picks her up and hugs her "This isn't your fault. I promise." The parents and the sister fall asleep on the sofa, in tears.

Maya cries all night, the tape's removed, but she's locked in a small room with a ratty blanket on the floor and a small bowl of water in the corner. There's a tiny window in the top left corner, and through it she can just make out the moon. She takes a few shallow breaths, closing her eyes and lying on top of the blanket, staring up at the dirty glass "Take my mind, and take my pain. Like an empty bottle takes the rain, and heal, heal, heal, heal." She breathes, holding her arms over her face, muffling the noise of her shaky singing "And take my past, and take my sense. Like an empty sail takes the wind. And heal, heal, heal, heal." rain begins hammering against the walls and roof of the house. And it only makes her cry more.

a/n: what a filler gosh sorry i haven't updated in a while a friend of mine from overseas is visiting  so i'm hanging with her :)

grace x