something big

"i don't want your body, but I hate to think about you with somebody else. our love has gone cold, you're intertwining your soul with somebody else." - somebody else [the 1975]

"So, madison square garden." Brendon begins as they eat breakfast. Maya nods "Yeah it's pretty big." She mutters, and Brendon ruffles her hair "Don't worry, it's not nearly big enough to fit your ego kiddo." Pete laughs from the opposite side of the bus "Damn." Amelia bursts out laughing, high-fiving Brendon "That was sick." Brendon smiles, and Maya glares at him, standing "I'm going to sit with Dallon and Ryan because they're not mean to me, dad." she pointedly walks to the other end of the lounge, flopping between Dallon and Ryan, who only laugh more.

Brendon shows the two girls the set list and goes over the plan for the show "We might get Fall Out Boy on with us at some point, it's gonna have to depend on a few things. May, are you cool to do a solo?" Maya frowns "I don't know, msg's huge. Can't we do something together on the second stage?" Brendon nods, putting an arm around her shoulder "Yeah, I'm not gonna make you sing anything. Especially if you're not comfortable doing it, you got any songs in mind?" She shrugs "You choose. Sinatra or Queen I don't mind." He nods "Awesome. And the last change is, I'm adding Always." he smiles and Maya pokes his arm "Mom's coming, isn't she." Brendon grins, tickling her as Amelia hands her five bucks and sighs "Why do I even agree to bet with you?" Maya only squeals, rolling off the seat as Brendon tickles her.

They arrive in New York City at midday, and Brendon's first off the bus "Come on," He drags his daughters behind him "I wanna take you to some cool-ass places. But you guys get to choose the first place." He turns and Amelia speaks first "Empire state." She glances at Maya, who nods "Sure." 

Maya pulls her hair back into a pony tail as they reach the top. She hadn't told Brendon about when Frank brought her up here, but she knew he knew. He wraps his arms around her in a protective hug as they stand on the viewing deck. She turns to hug her dad properly, holding back tears "You're not going back to her, okay?" Maya glances up at him with scared eyes "What if she comes to the show? What if it's like my biological father?" She asks in a small voice. Brendon shakes his head "I'm not letting anyone anywhere near you. You're safe, I promise. I won't let you out of my sight. You're perfectly safe. Anyone you don't trust comes within 10 feet of you, I'll deck 'em." She giggles a little, hugging Brendon again "You're going to be fine. Pinky promise."

They stand in times square for a while, and Brendon laughs as the pair run around taking photos, but he's true to what he said, and they don't leave his sight. He'd been hesitant about Maya staying on Fall Out Boy's bus at the start because he didn't like her being away after what'd happened. He was scared it'd happen to Amelia, after how her father reacted to them suggesting Amelia stay with them. The fact that they'd signed her over completely was some reassurance that she was safe, but he still worried about both of them. They step back onto the bus closer to ten pm, and Sarah's on the sofa on her phone. Maya squeals, tackling her mom in a hug. Sarah laughs, hugging her back "Hey May." Amelia's the next to hug her, and Sarah smiles "Hi Mel." The girls continue through the bus to their bunks to get changes, and Brendon kisses Sarah "Hey." He smiles, hugging her "I missed you." She smiles back "I missed you too."    

"This is fucking huge." Maya mumbles, and Brendon raises his eyebrows "What was that dear daughter?" Amelia, laying down on the stage, raises her hand "She said this is the king scrooge." Brendon scrunches his nose up "That's not even a proper sentence." Amelia rolls her eyes "You're not even a proper band." She retaliates. Brendon fakes a shocked face "I'll have you know I am a proper band. We have four whole members." He points to a sleeping Ryan, Maya who's rolling around on the floor, himself, and back at Amelia. She giggles "Since when did I count as a band member. Brendon shrugs "Since I said so." He begins chasing her around the stage. 

They're back on the bus, and Sarah's braiding Maya's hair for her. She glances up at Sarah "I'm nervous." She mumbles. Sarah nods "It's cool if you're nervous. It means you've got something to lose. I remember how nervous Bren was the first arena he played after the spilt. He nearly wet himself." Maya giggles before Sarah continues "As long as you don't do that, you're gonna be fine kiddo." Brendon waltzes in a few moments later "Okay, I have our songs." He sits on the floor opposite Maya and she nods "All The Way." Maya grins "Amelia you owe me another five bucks!" She calls, and Amelia responds from the bunks with a groan. Brendon rolls his eyes "And  Modern Love." Maya nods "Bowie. Nice." He grins "Oh, we've raised you well." Sarah laughs from behind her, and Brendon smiles again before turning back to Maya "You're cool with those?" She nods "Sounds like a hell of a show." Brendon stands "It's madison square garden kiddo, you gotta impress when you're playing there."

a/n:  pumped to write the madison square garden show. also it's been a year and 3 days since david bowie died and i'm high key upset. the rise and fall of ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars is one of my favourite albums :(  ziggy stardust is lit

hope you liked this one !

grace x