birthday girl feat. 17 thousand people

"when i had georgia on my mind but i let her go, back when we were trying to find somewhere we could rest our bones. the fact that i don't see no home, yeah, i've been laying low. whatever kept me up those nights, i'll never know." - georgia [lydia]

"Are you excited?" Brendon asks, tapping a beat on the steering wheel as they drive to the first venue of the summer tour. Maya and Amelia nod from the backseat, Ryan sitting between them as they play i-spy. Sarah laughs, leaning over to whisper something to Brendon "Everything's organised for the surprise." Brendon nods, kissing Sarah quickly before returning his focus to the road.

"Where are my favorite uries?" Joe yells when they arrive, Maya giggles as they run to the dressing room, attacking Joe in a group hug before hugging the rest of the band. Maya jumps on Andy's back for a piggy back before they move through to a different dressing room to greet the other bands. Haley, Taylor and Jeremy are standing laughing at something when they enter "Hey! You're Brendon and Sarah's daughters, aren't you?" Maya and Amelia nod as Maya jumps back from Andy to the floor "I'm Maya," Amelia waves "I'm Amelia." Haley smiles "I'm Haley, this is Taylor and that's Jeremy. I reckon we'll get along pretty well." Taylor and Jeremy grin back, waving before the two girls and the other band move to the next group. Jack's screaming when they enter, a pair of jeans over his shoulders while he tries to use a shirt as pants. Pete laughs and Patrick rolls his eyes while Alex films the entire situation, laughing. Jack pauses, glancing up to the group who had just entered "Oh, Hi." He waves before returning to his shirt-pants. Alex places the phone down "Okay, okay," He wheezes "I'm Alex, that's Jack." He glances to the other band members "Zack." The first man laughs "And I'm Rian." The second smiles and waves. The girl laugh at Jack a final time "I'm Amelia, and this is Maya." Maya waves back. Alex nods "You guys seem cool. It's gonna be an awesome tour." Maya nods "Yeah, we'll see you guys later." She calls as Patrick ushers them out the door.    

They find themselves in Panic's dressing room, where Dallon, Dan, Zack and Ryan are all sitting on the sofas. Brendon opens the door as Maya and Amelia sit down, picking Maya up and throwing her over his shoulder before Dallon grabs Amelia and walks the opposite direction "Dad, what are you doing, put me down!" she protests as Dan and Zack laugh. Amelia only sighs, returning to looking at her phone as Dallon carries her into a different dressing room. When they're outside the venue, Brendon puts her down and they start walking again "Where are we going?" Maya asks as they get back in the car "Down near the beach, just for an hour or two." He starts the car, and they drive in silence, listening to the quiet radio.  

Brendon leads Maya to a area of rocks overhanging the water and they sit down. Maya raises her eyebrows "Any particular reason for bringing me out here?" Brendon shrugs "I realised, while you were gone, it's been a year since we adopted you." He smiles softly and she pauses, fighting back inevitable tears before launching herself at her dad-of-one-year in a tight hug. He laughs softly, hugging her back "I love you maya urie. And after everything you've been put through in the year since you came home, nothing'll ever change that. I love you so, so much kiddo. You're the best thing to have happened to me and Sarah in a while." Now Brendon's crying, and they're both hugging and crying on a cliff on an LA beach while they should be at a soundcheck because, LA traffic, right? Maya looks up, still holding on to Brendon "I love you too dad, before you and mom adopted me I thought the world was a cruel place and I'd be one of the kids who turns 18 and ends up on streets. But you and mom took me around the world in a matter of weeks and proved me wrong and I love you." She smiles through the tears, hugging her dad tightly. He hugs her back and a few minutes later they stand "We've got a soundcheck to be late to." He laughs, picking Maya up and throwing her up so she's sitting on his shoulders as he returns to the car.

"Ready?" Brendon asks his daughters, jumping up and down after pulling the red suit jacket on. Maya nods, swinging her bass around before stopping to hug Brendon. Brendon grins, hugging her back before turning to Amelia "Ready Mel?" She nods back nervously, secretly wishing she was as calm as Maya who's now talking to Ryan.

"Alright folks, we've got quiet the line up tonight, and you've all seen the Paramore guys and the All Time Low guys and the Fall Out Boy's but now, we've got the most impressive show, because we have our very own," He pauses, turning to the side stage "Amelia Urie!" He calls, grinning and waving her on stage. She takes a deep breath, hugs Maya, high-fives Ryan, and runs on stage to the cheering crowd. Brendon grins, ruffling Amelia's hair before turning back "Okay, next up, the person you've all been tweeting me about, now an official member of the band." He winks at Ryan "My very good friend, Ryan Ross!" Ryan pumps his fist in the air sarcastically as he walks on, the hollywood bowl cheering. Brendon high-fives him before picking the mic off the stand and walking a circle around the stage "Finally, the person you've all been waiting for," He pauses, nodding at the people on the stage around him "Maya Urie, the birthday girl herself!" Haley, Jack, Alex, Pete, Patrick, Joe and Andy run on from the opposite side of the stage as Maya walks on from the left. The group, as well as the crowd when given the cue, all yell surprise before starting to sing happy birthday. Maya giggles, hugging Brendon, who pauses singing to kiss the top of her head, then Amelia, Ryan, and the others now joining them on the stage. Brendon grins "Happy birthday kiddo. We'll do the rest after the show." He smiles at his daughter and she smiles back, nodding "Thanks for the surprise guys." She hugs Pete before the group leave the band on stage "On with the show then?"

a/n: woo happy birthday maya ! 

also i can finally tell you guys about something i've been sitting on for a while which is i'm publishing the first chapter of a peraltigo/brooklyn nine nine fanfic (whatever happened to us) the first chapter is up now and if you want to check it out that would be amazing. i'm super excited about it, and i promise i'll still update vegas lights normally, because i could never abandon maya and brendon + this series is my main focus. as much as i love amy and jake, maya and brendon do come first :)

hope you liked the chapter kids !

grace x