to you alone

"too much, too late, or just not enough of this. pain in my heart for your dying wish, i'll kiss your lips again." - you know what they do to guys like us in prison [my chemical romance]

Maya's in the middle of piggybacking Amelia across the stage when a wire running along the stage floor trips her over and she goes face first off the stage into the pit. All thats heard before she consumed by the screaming fans is Brendon though the mic into her ear piece "Oh fuck. Zack get her out!" there are a few hands grabbing at her, but most are trying to lift her up. Brendon begins talking into the dead mic once more, so she can hear it through the ear pieces as everyone stops playing "Maya, Zack's coming down now hang on." He moves back to the gold mic "Okay everyone can you lift her up and get her to the front then we can start the show again." he's nervous and she can tell. She twists around on top of the people, the hands all over her body reigniting somewhat painful memories of her biological father "Okay guys," she realises she's still gripping her mic in her left hand "can you put me down?" The hands immediately lay off her, and she's back on her feet, walking toward the edge of the pit through the sea of people. Brendon places his hand against his forehead "God, May don't do that." she nods shakily at Brendon from the edge, hugging Zack when he reaches her. Even Zack's usual emotionless expression is tinted with concern "You okay? You don't have to finish the show if you don't want to." She shakes her head "It'll be okay. I'm fine." He nods, unconvinced, before lifting her back onto the stage into Brendon's arms. Brendon smiles at Zack "Thanks." Zack shakes his head "It's cool man." Maya clutches her dad's shoulder, shaking a little. Brendon moves off the stage, just out of sight backstage "Hey, hey are you alright?" She nods slowly "Yeah, just give me a minute." Brendon frowns "Copy my breathing, okay?" She nods again, focusing on keeping her breathing steady with his. When she's calm again he places her on the ground "You okay to go back on? Ry can play bass and I can play guitar." She nods before shaking her head "Can I just stay on stage, I don't want to play, but I don't want to ditch the show. As long as it's okay with Ryan." Brendon calls Ryan over "Okay, so May's not playing. It's cool if you take bass, yeah?" Ryan nods, hugging Maya carefully as the three walk back on stage, Brendon holding Maya to his side protectively "Thanks for getting May out of the pit you guys, we're gonna keep playing, but Ryan's on bass and I'm going to play Ryan's guitar." 

Maya tries a smile "Thanks for the ride." She jokes, Pete appears behind her, as Brendon begins talking again, sitting with her on one of the risers as the show resumes. She sits on Pete's lap, head on his shoulder as they laugh and sing with Brendon, who every few songs uses the dead mic to check on his daughters. When the show's over, Pete carries Maya out to the bus, passing her to Brendon before returning to his own bus. Maya's phone buzzes, she's sitting on the sofa with Amelia before she stands, moving to the empty bunks to answer "Hello?"

"Hey space girl." Gerard laughs from the other end of the phone. Maya grins "Hesitant Alien!" she giggles, sitting down as he continues "Anyway, I heard about what happened, I wanted to check that you're okay." She nods, smoothing out the fabric on the mats in the bunks as she talks "Yeah, I'm okay. A little bruised, but it could've been worse." He nods "Yeah, the pit's are nasty. But as long as you're alright. Ryan and Brendon did a pretty good job getting you back out of there. I'm glad you're okay. Enjoy the rest of the tour and send me and lindsey loads of photos when you go overseas, okay?" She laughs again "Sure. Tell Lady B and Lynz that I say hi." Gerard nods "Will do space girl. Look after yourself."

"Bye Hesitant Alien."

"Bye."

Brendon walks in as she hangs up, and he sits next to her, pulling her into a hug "You okay?" She nods slowly "The hands, they just reminded me of-" she takes a slow breath "But yeah, I'm okay." He nods "Sarah called, she said she'd call back when we stop and get food. But she asked if you're alright and said she'd facetime when we've got wifi. She said she loves you." Maya nods. Brendon, holding onto her carefully and tightly, kisses the top of her head "I love you kiddo." She hugs him back "I love you too dad."

a/n: wowza wowza wowza this is short but i felt super bad for not updating i promise you guys a good chapter for christmas dw

grace x