don't let me be gone

"forgive me, i'm trying to find my calling, i'm calling at night. i don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl?" - remembering sunday [all time low]

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to the cafe down the road, be back in ten."

"Take your phone!" Is the last thing Maya hears before she closes the front door, walking down the steps and onto the footpath. Noah had gone back to his house that morning, as had Piper and Sam. Amelia was still asleep, even though it was almost midday. She's thinking about how crazy the past three months have been, after the car accident everything had been so much of a blur. She wasn't quite sure what she could call Noah now. But she's okay with that for now. 

She makes it to the cafe and back quicker than she thought, and Brendon's about to leave when she reaches the last hundred meters of footpath before the house. He turns around as the car turns the corner. He doesn't think much when it slows a little, and glances down at his phone briefly until he hears the car stop. Maya looks behind her in time to see a man running behind her. She goes to run, but he's faster, and he grabs her by her hair, pulling her towards the car. She screams, and it's then that Sarah leaves the house. The car begins reversing as Maya's dragged towards it. Brendon sprints towards her as Maya kicks out at the attacker. It's almost in slow motion that she's forced into the back of the car screaming "Dad!" She gasps as Brendon runs towards them and a man in the backseat leaves the car, pulling a gun out and holding it at Brendon "Dad, no!" She screams again as they tie her legs together with duct tape, doing the same with her arms. Brendon holds his hands in the air, standing in-front of Sarah as Maya begins crying. They lift her up and she continues to scream. They move to tape her mouth, but she thrashes around and they can't reach her face "Mom, please!" she's sobbing now, they're throwing her into the back of the car as one of the men get into the backseat "Daddy don't let them take me!" She screams, her voice breaking as she's punched.

Brendon can't move, he can't say anything, he can't do anything. There's a gun pointed at him and Sarah, and he glances behind to her, she looks equally terrified. He looks back as they hit Maya again, and he feels like he's been punched now. He can't help her. He can't do anything. They slam the back door down over her, and Brendon can still hear Maya screaming. All three men are in the car now, and as it starts to speed away Brendon begins sprinting after it. One of the men lean out the window and hold the gun up, Brendon continues to run after the car as they begin to fire. He cries out when he's shot in the arm, but he doesn't slow his running. Sarah screams at him before she catches up "B-Brendon. Stop." She stutters, holding his uninjured arm carefully. They're both crying, and Brendon reaches up to hold her hand tightly. He looks up at the sky, then down to his arm, sighing loudly and sitting down in the middle of the road, crying. After a few minutes they walk slowly back to the house. And as they step inside Brendon, with a shaky voice calls out,

"Uh, Pete?"

"I've been shot." 

She can't see anything, but she's pretty certain she's having a panic attack. She tries to move her head from the awkward angle that she landed on when they threw her into the car, but as soon as her legs hit the car wall with a thud, someone in the backseat slams their fist against the seat, which she takes as a signal to stay still. Her breathing becomes more and more irregular, she can tell she's shaking. Maya tries to focus on anything to try and calm herself down, but it's useless. The already cramped walls around her begin closing in, and she can't do anything, she's trapped. And it feels like she's being crushed, her own gasping for air the last thing she can hear before she passes out. She hears the three shots and Brendon's scream, and she can't help but scream as well. Because her mind instantly thinks the worst, and she can't help but think it's her fault if he got shot and it's her fault if he gets killed and it's her fault, and it's all her fault.

a/n: short sozzles + whoops

grace x