dawn is coming, open your eyes

"you split, and take in every time you see a faking counterfeit. in the mirror you appear to see fear, and whisper this is it." - time to say goodbye [twenty øne piløts]

She tries to play bass as best she can while sitting down, the instrument being too heavy to hang off her still-bruised shoulders. But it's difficult, and she soon becomes frustrated and upset "I can't do it, I'm useless. I shouldn't have bothered." Brendon places the acoustic he's holding on it's stand, lifting the guitar away from her "You aren't useless kiddo. You're fantastic." He picks her up and sits her in his lap before he picks his acoustic up again "Love of mine, some day you will die, but I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark. No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white, just our hands clasped so tight waiting for the hint of a spark." He plays softly, his arms around her carefully as he does so "If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the No's on their vacancy signs. If there's no one beside you, when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark."

She rests her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes and listening to her dad's voice as he plays "You and me have seen everything to see, from Bangkok to Calgary. And the soles of your shoes are all worn down. The time for sleep is now, it's nothing to cry about 'cause we'll hold each other soon, in the blackest of rooms." He kisses the top of her head as he reaches the end of the song "If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied. Illuminate the No's on their vacancy signs, if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark. Then I'll follow you into the dark."

He finished, placing the guitar down, picking her up and closing the studio door behind them as he turns the lights off. When they reach the sofa he picks up his phone and the remote, sitting so Maya's lying down properly. She rolls over so she's resting on her back with her head on his lap. She grabs his hand "Where's mom and mel?" she asks quietly through half-closed eyes, he picks up the remote "They're with Linda and Spence today." She nods before he flicks his hair out of his face, turning on an episode of brooklyn nine nine. 

"They're staying over at Spencer's, pizza for dinner." Brendon speaks quietly when she wakes up again. Maya nods "Is anyone coming over?" Brendon glances up as the sound of the front door closing echoes through the house "Speak of the devil." He jokes, standing to greet Ryan "Thanks for coming over on short notice." Ryan shakes his head, placing the pizza boxes of the coffee table "Nah it's fine, it's not like I'm doing much else with my life." He rolls his eyes and Brendon laughs "We should talk about shows sometime." He says absentmindedly, picking up a slice of pizza as Ryan nods "Yeah, we should."

"It's kind of crazy that you're back. The fans are gonna love it, but it's going to change the whole vibe of the show, now that you're back. It'll be great." Brendon smiles, and it makes Maya smile, which in turn makes Ryan smile "Ah, you're getting sappy on me." He jokes, there's a pause before Maya looks up at the adults "Netflix?" Brendon laughs once more, nodding as he turns the tv back on. Maya decides that the latest she wants to go back to playing is two weeks from now, so Brendon texts Amelia, asking if she wants to do piano for shows. 

yo he knows about music: up to play a show in two weeks? also could you ask your mom if she's alright with a summer tour?

amelia: of course ! is maya playing ?

yo he knows about music: yeah, and ryan. we're gonna see if we can do another summer tour.

amelia: sounds cool

yo he knows about music: have a good time with spence, linda and mom

yo he knows about music: i love you mel

amelia: love you too dad

He turns back to Ryan and Maya "Looks like we're all good." Maya smiles and Ryan cheers, hugging Brendon and laughing "This is crazy." He laughs again and Brendon nods before he calls the label, beginning to organise the summer tour, with Ryan and Maya arguing over what to watch in the background. They fall silent as he answers "Hey, it's Brendon. Yeah I'm with Maya and Ryan-" He pauses "Ross, yeah, Pete told you didn't he?" There's another silence "Anyway, about that summer tour," He gives Maya and Ryan a thumbs up before walking to the studio.

Almost an hour later Brendon returns, running a hand through his hair "Tour's on!" He grins and Maya throws her arms around him "Anyone joining us?" She asks hopefully, Brendon nods "They're looking at pulling out all the stops, Paramore, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Green Day if they want to come," Ryan nods "Haven't they just finished the Revolution Radio?" Brendon nods  and Maya jumps up and down excitedly, before throwing herself at Ryan "I'm so excited, this is going to be amazing." He laughs and nods "I'm pretty excited too."

a/n: there's something to make up for the lack of new chapters

also next year is in 3 weeks can you hear me crying

grace x