bonus chapter: christmas

"that secret that you knew, but don't know how to tell, it fucks with your honor. and it teases your head" - blood bank [bon iver]

"Are you sure about this?" Amelia asks, pulling her hair into a tight pony tail as they all get out of the car. Brendon puts his arms around her shoulders "Yeah, you'll be fine. They're gonna love you two." Sarah smiles at their daughters as they walk up the driveway of Brendon's parents house "They're going to love you, don't worry." Brendon knocks on the door, Maya pulls on her jacket a little as the winter wind grows. A woman opens the door "Brendon!" She cries, hugging him. Brendon laughs "Hi mom," he steps back as she hold her arms out "Sarah, I haven't seen you in so long!" She pulls sarah into a hug, which sarah gladly returns before they step back. Grace smiles "You must be Maya and Amelia, I've been so excited to meet you!" Maya smiles nervously before hugging Grace, Amelia doing the same after her. Brendon smiles "Told you she'd love you." Grace rolls her eyes at her son "Of course I do! You're my grandchildren, now come in before you freeze." She holds the door open as the four walk in, calling through the house for Brendon's father. Boyd steps into the living room, smiling "Brendon," He hugs his son before hugging Sarah and stepping back. Maya smiles "Hi, I'm maya." He smiles, hugging her "We've heard so much about you two." Amelia laughs softly "All good things I hope." 

Maya stands in the kitchen, helping Grace as much she can "I don't want to be awkward, but what should we call you?" She asks, laughing shyly. Grace smiles, taking a dish from Maya's hands "Call me whatever you like love, just anything but Mrs Urie." she begins washing the plate, continuing to talk "Most of the grandkids call me gran, if that makes if easier." Maya smiles before Brendon sticks his head through the doorway "I'm glad you two are getting along, c'mon May, come meet my dad." Grace rolls her eyes "You better get out there before they start pulling out photo albums." Maya laughs "I've seen more than enough photos of Brendon when he was little, courtesy of mom."

Maya and Amelia have to share a bed, but most of the night Amelia spends poking Maya's shoulder and whispering about how excited she is for christmas, until Maya gives up, taking her pillow and lying on the floor at the foot of Brendon and Sarah's bed. Sarah squeaks when she almost steps on her daughter in the morning, waking Maya in the process. Brendon sits up in bed, glancing over the edge and frowning, confused "Amelia." Maya explains, rolling over to stand "Merry christmas." She yawns, hugging Sarah who laughs "Merry christmas May."

"Merry christmas Amelia." Maya laughs, hugging her sister. Amelia laughs "Merry christmas."

They take hundreds of pictures throughout the day as Maya and Amelia are introduced to the rest of the Urie family, and in all of them someone's smiling and laughing. Any nerves the girls had about meeting Brendon's family dissipate quickly as they sit around the christmas tree, talking about everything and anything.

a/n: here's a little bonus chappy i felt like finishing off the year for them with a happy moment, so that's what this is (ps. look out for the first chapter of house of memories in the next few hours)

grace x