the pros and cons of breathing

"i got soul but i'm not a soldier" - all these things that i've done [the killers]

pete: how is she?

brendon: good, she's still tired, and a little quiet. but we're doing okay.

brendon: if you're not doing anything you can come over

pete: be there in ten

pete: patrick?

Brendon laughs quietly before walking upstairs and opening Maya's bedroom door "Hey," He says gently, she looks up from her phone and stretches a little "Pete's gonna be here in ten, is it cool if patrick comes with him?"  Maya nods, standing "Definitely. I haven't seen Patrick in ages." She smiles softly and hugs her dad before they walk downstairs. Sarah joins them on the sofa before Brendon stands to answer the door. Maya looks up over the sofa as the three men walk in, and stands to hug Pete and Patrick. Pete looks over her worriedly "How'd you feel?" He asks, Patrick nodding. Maya shrugs "Tired." She nods and Patrick hugs her again "You terrified us all Maya. Are you okay?" She nods a little and hugs him back "Everything just got a little too much, and I didn't see another way out." She mumbles before hugging Pete again "It's okay kid, that happens to everyone. But you're not alone, you know that, right?" She nods and they all sit back on the sofa, Pete grins before picking up the remote "Stranger Things!" He decides, making Maya giggle.

She wakes up to more voices from downstairs, walking down to find Tyler, Josh, Jenna, and Amelia in the kitchen with her parents. She smiles at them, hugging each of them before sitting down.

Tyler pulls her into his lap "How's today feeling?" He asks quietly as the others talk. Maya shrugs, leaning her head back on Tyler's shoulder "I don't know." He thinks for a moment "Describe it like it's the weather. I think it's easier, cause' that way you're taking all the feelings stuff out and it's just a visual thing." She nods and pauses before beginning "It's like, those days where it'd cloudy but it's warm and there's patches of sun coming through every now and then. Like, nice but with cloudy patches." He nods back "Sounds like an okay." She nods again "Definitely an okay." 

Pete throws the door open "Honey, I'm home." He yells before waltzing into the kitchen like it's his house. Brendon rolls his eyes "Remind me to get the locks changed." He mutters before Pete places two bags of food on the counter, before he picks Amelia up "Hello urie I haven't seen in a while." Amelia laughs "Hi." He pauses before looking outside "It's kinda warm outside today," he looks down to Amelia who shakes her head "Pete, no-" Pete runs outside, throwing her into the pool without hesitating. Brendon laughs and grabs a towel for her before helping her out of the pool. Amelia thanks Brendon before Josh and Pete put plates of food on the outside table. Maya puts her arms around Tyler and he laughs before carrying her outside and sitting next to Jenna on a pool chair "You wanna swim?" He asks her, she shrugs again "Maybe later." 

Josh stands on the table before doing a back flip and laughing at Brendon "Show off." Brendon mutters, walking over to Sarah and sitting down. Josh pulls Maya up and drags her to the table "C'mon, I wanna teach you how to back flip." He laughs. Maya shrugs "I don't know." Josh smiles "How about we start on the roof into the pool and work from there." He suggests, she smiles "Okay." She rushes upstairs to get changed. Maya returns moments later, climbing up the fence to reach the roof of the studio and stand on the edge. Brendon watches carefully, not wanting her to hurt herself as she pushes off the roof and lands feet first into the pool. Josh cheers as she resurfaces and he pulls her up, she laughs "Okay, so I just stand on the table and do the same thing?" Josh nods "Just make sure you're landing feet first." Brendon laughs as Maya climbs onto the table and stands nervously "Okay," She mutters "Three, two, one." She pushes herself backwards through the air and everyone's silent until she lands on her feet, leans back a bit before standing again. Josh cheers as Brendon does, the drummer throws her into the air and she giggles. Tyler claps an Sarah smiles, posting a video of the flip on instagram. They know this is probably the calm before the storm, and they're all expecting for her to crash in a few days. But for now she's happy, so they're happy. And they can live like that for a little longer.