2

I walked through the school halls, unknowingly letting my hips swing and skirt ride up.

A few boys whistle, a few make inappropriate comments, and some try to touch me, but I smack their hands away immediately. This continues until Grayson comes up to me and plants his lips on my cheek, making all whistling and talking stop, and everyone's stares land on us, as he glares them away.

i try to focus in class, because i know my mom has enough to deal with without me getting bad grades, but theres way too much on my mind.

Apparently, luke and my mom met online, on some stupid website, the type of thing my mom had always strongly warned me against going on, and had been online dating for over 6 months. And my mom never told me. Id realized she seemed happier lately, but i guess i was stupid enough to think i was finally enough for her, and she didnt need a man anymore, and wasnt still moping about my father, who never deserved her in the first place. But of course not. No, she found some hot, rich, young, boyband member to make her happy until she realizes hes too young for her or he realizes hes not as in to older women as he thought.

And of course it had to be the one man i let myself fangirl over because, no way, i thought, no way would i ever meet Luke Hemmings, and yet here i am, with the one and only as my new step daddy.

"Scarlett Rose!" A bony hand slams down on my desk and i jump a bit, causing laughter to erupt throughout the classrom. i gulp as my eyes meet the grayish green eyes of ms. Woodke.

"y-yes maam?" She sighs.

"Talk to me after class, and please do try and pay attention." i cringe and draw my eyes toward my lap.

"Yes maam." When she walks away, Gray rests his hand on my knee reassuringly.

After class, i walk up to ms. Woodkes desk.

"Scarlett, ive never had any problems with you before, but you've been doing horribly lately, in class, on tests, you havent been doing your homework, youre grades are really suffering, not just in my class either. Is everthing alright dear?"

"Everything is fine, i just... i just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Well, i hate to have to do this, but i warned you last week, if i had another problem with you itd be a call-" I cut her off.

"Please dont call my mom!She works alot and shes really happy right now, it would ruin everything for her if she found out i was falling so far behind!" i try to guilt trip her.

"Im sorry dear, she really must know whats happening. Im sure shed love to help you out." My jaw clenches a bit.

"Really, you cant-"

"You may be excused now dear." She says sternly. i sigh and stomp out of the class room, mumbling "bitch..." under my breath.

When school gets out, i turn down grays offer to drive me home, i would rather wait as long as possible before having to be confronted by my mom, and most likely Luke, as hes always at our house now, and walking will slow me down by about a half hour.

Also, luke has been trying to push me to tell my mom about Daniel, and has threatened that he will tell her if i dont, so that might come out this afternoon.

When i finally get home, only lukes car is in the driveway, not my moms.

i frown as i walk in. "Hello?" i call gently, hoping they both took my moms car somewhere.

"Rose!" Luke calls down the stairs as i sigh. Damn.

"Hey..." i mumble as he wraps one arm around me, having ran down the stairs, quite noisily might i add.