Chapter 9: Jerking Off To Lia

"I'm not changing my mind Jae. You'll get the remaining money slowly...I promise you that," you sighed, irritated and completely exhausted over the tiring day you had at the BigHit building.

Having to stride away, run and catch a bus, and then run some more to get to Jae's secluded complex, you were beyond tired. Plus, I think I taste a little bit of blood at the back of my throat. That bad? You rolled your eyes at yourself. I'm so unfit.

"Why choose this when you can just work alongside me one last time and be debt free?" Jae asked, eyes narrowed as his arms remained crossed tensely at his chest.

The look on his face explained just how confused he was with your decisions on no longer stealing for him. He didn't understand the idea of "sticking to your morals for a change" as all he seemed to see was inconvenience.

"...because, I want to collect the rest of the money legally."

"I doubt what those boys are making you do is legal," Jae retorted, body stern.

"Touché," you sighed, chest heaving when remembering how many crusty feet you had to massage during these two weeks.

Sure, the first week was horrible. But the second week, growing used to the treatment, all while, trying to push back any feelings of regret, it scared you how comfortable and in routine you were with the foot massages.

The second week had flew by, streets growing quieter with Bangtan news, fans slowly relaxing...Jungkook's still an ass but hopefully that will die down eventually too.

"So what you say?" Jae piped, eyes permanently squinting at this point.

You let out another long sigh before rolling onto your back heel. Heading for his door, you shook your head.

"Sorry Jae."

"Well, then I guess I'll rob them on my own then..." Jae trailed off, watching as you instantly froze mid step.

Body turning around before it could even successfully turn away, your wide eyes found the man who slowly let a grin pull onto his face.

"Leave them alone."

"They're popular...they sell well," Jae said, grinning while the muscles around his squinted eyes relaxed and gleamed instead.

"Jae, they've been through so much because of you-"

"Me?"

"- us," you corrected, face scrunching, "...us. We're both responsible for the uproar caused in the fandom and for the maknae's life...all for money. But please, things are finally starting to slowly settle down, try out another group if anything."

"So you're picking favourites now?" Jae snapped, chuckling as he grew amused.

"No. I'm not," you sighed, knowing you were probably sounded ridiculous, "It's just they've been robbed more than enough. What's the fun in taking advantage of them more...?"

"It's fun because towing with them clearly makes you uncomfortable," Jae mumbled honestly, smirk growing.

You found your face to form a deadly glare.

"You've already got plans for my family to form a human centipede for fucks sake; don't involve a group of idol boys in this mix."

"So, you don't care for them?"

Your brows furrowed when viewing the man's expression. It wasn't exactly teasing anymore...nor was it threatening. It was almost as if he was lost in his thoughts, thinking long and hard right through you. It was weird. Really weird, what's up with him?