Chapter 29: Girlfriend, huh?

1 week later

There was panting.

You grinned, laying onto your stomach when hearing heavy breathing on the other end of the phone call. "Oh maknae," you sighed out, voice teasing, "How hot you sound right now."

Jungkook laughed, moving the phone away from one ear before placing it to the next. It took a moment, but even you could hear the switch of you being put on speaker phone.

"What you doing?" you asked, curious to why he was so out of breath.

"We just finished a show," Jungkook said causally, having your eyes widen before he continued, "I was changing out into more comfortable clothes."

"Aw," you pouted, still slightly taken back, "Why are you calling me then? Rest, I'm always free other times."

"Yeah," Jungkook said, voice just as teasing as time went by, "But the thing here is that I miss you and want to get the chance to speak whenever I can."

"Ooo," you sang out, moving away "Even when you're changing, I see."

Jungkook chuckled, it was a breathy one. Your brows furrowed a little when hearing his voice muffle over the phone, it took a moment, but you understood he was probably putting on a new shirt at this point. The sudden thought of a shirtless maknae brought a huge grin onto your face.

"Aye maknae," you called out, waiting for him to shoot out a "hm" or "yeah" over the phone so you could continue. When he did, you spoke up again, "Shoot your girl up with some pics."

There was silence over the phone and you tried your hardest not to laugh.

"Pictures?" Jungkook innocently asked, grabbing the phone into his hand again before moving to grab at pants to change into. "Of what...Oh! I can probably get a few shots of the arena we played in today. Would that be nice?"

You pursed your lips, form incredibly amused before playfully agreeing. "Yes," you piped, getting up from the bed before moving towards your full-length-faced mirror. "...and I'll send you pictures of my...arena."

Jungkook's brows furrowed at that. Confused for a moment, his phone dinged again. Mentally noting to check for the messages later, he chuckled obliviously when you urged for him to look at the messages now. Moving to switch over from his call so he could see what you sent, his confusion flew away as he almost dropped his phone.

Eyes wide and mouth almost spitting out saliva, Jungkook fumbled with his phone, quickly catching it before nonchalantly looking around and putting it to his ear again. Clearing his throat, he acted as if he was to most chill human out there, when in reality, the leather pants he wore from the show suddenly became...a little tighter around his groin area.

"O-Oh," he sang out, voice higher than Jimin on helium, "T-That's what you meant by pictures."

You moved your clothing back slowly, trying not to shyly let your words spill out. Instead, you laughed nervously before slumping back onto the bed.

"Hmm," you cutely hummed out, fingers playing around with the fabric of your bed sheets. "But it's okay if you're uncomfortable," you instantly piped, knowing he probably was new to these ways, "I'll be content knowing you've got something to remember me by instead. I'll just let my mind imagine how the famous maknae abs look like."

Jungkook laughed nervously, feeling his ear burning. "Ahh," he sang out, smiling before awkwardly rubbing at the back of his neck, "That bruise on my neck faded a bit so this was...sweet I guess?"