Chapter 24: You Like Y/N Too

PAST

"Love's a tricky thing, no?"

"How so..." Tajh said softly, grinning sweetly as she had her head rested onto the lap of her exhausted boyfriend.

Her eyes gazed over all his expression and visually changed behaviour before her. Zoning out the sound of the television that played, she found herself to focus on nothing but Helic.

Helic didn't smile, nor did he laugh in that moment. His eyes were dead focused on the figures that moved about on screen.

"When it comes to love there's two sides," he said slowly, eyes squinting, "there's that selfless side where you want nothing but happiness for the other, no matter how you feel in the end."

"What's the other side?" Tajh asked softly, smiling lightly as she heard the man speak.

"The selfish side," he lowly said, "the part of you that wants to make yourself happy...and the one you love seems to weirdly be a part of that happiness for some people."

"You okay?" Tajh asked, eyes narrowing when seeing how dull the man was this morning to now.

From the phone call with you, to spending the rest of the day with Tajh, everything seemed out of the norm.

"I'll be fine," he said lightly, finally forcing on a cute smile before pecking over at Tajh's lips. "I've just got a lot of decisions on my mind."

"You can tell me anything Helic, you know, that right?"

"Yeah," he said, moving his hand over the top of her head. Lacing his fingers within her locks, he watched her snuggle more into him.

"If you're uncomfortable now, I'm willing to wait until after the meditation we're going to do soon," Tajh joked, "Maybe that'll loosen your weird ass up."

Helic tried out soft laugh but it didn't work. All Tajh saw was him being pathetic and bored. There was clearly something on the man's mind yet she couldn't find herself to understand exactly what.

"About that..."

"What?" Tajh chuckled out, kissing over the top of his hoodie by his lower stomach. She kind of just had her head stay buried there for a moment, smelling him.

It was weird act but it was their thing. It usually made him laugh or squirm away but this time he simply sat still, his fingers slow at her skull.

"There is no meditation center," Helic slowly let out.

Tajh arched her head away from the man's stomach before looking up at him in confusion again.

"Then where were we going?"

"I'm still going," he said, eyes a little demanding as he looked down at her, "but I'm not letting you come."

"Where you going? You're scaring me here..."

Helic grinned. It was a slow burn of a smile, having Tajh's stomach twist at the very sight of it. There was sadness to it, but also a sick revelation of amusement.

"Freedom," the dark-haired man popped, moving away from the woman as he stood up onto his feet, "...that's always been the big plan for me."

About to question what exactly that meant, his behaviour changed drastically as he laughed and moved towards the kitchen again. His voice was clear and sweet when he spoke next.