Chapter 30: Answers (1)

A/N: a lot of Jae, Helic, Tajh, and Vee. They're needed to finish off this chapter and the next. Hopefully you enjoy both chapters since they were a little hard to write for me. I'm open for any feedback you'd provide though aha, thanks to everyone reading. Care for ya loads. :)

-

Jae moved his index finger slowly towards his bottom lip. Feeling it slightly cut open near the side of his mouth, he tried not to wince at the new injury as he glanced around the crowd of well-dressed individuals that were populating the large hall.

Hearing familiar voices of his workers spread across the place, Jae could hear them murmuring about business in the speaker hidden in his ear. Sighing, the man spoke, knowing they all heard him.

"I know we're here for business," Jae said lowly, glancing around for two people. The two people who weren't at the party yet. "...but you can still try to enjoy yourself before the plans are initiated."

There were a few murmurs but many agreed as they went about to relax a little, mingling around with the oblivious crowd. Jae was in his own world as he kept watch over all his workers, his jaw clenched a little when hearing someone speak to him through the speaker suddenly. "What's up with the lip sir?" a voice asked, blunt and curious.

"I was punched in the face by my boss," Jae replied, just as blunt as he shrugged it off and had his eyes on the door.

Jae was waiting for Vee and Tajh to show up. What's taking them so long?

The voice on the other end was shocked. "Punched? W-Why, what you do?"

"Brought up...touchy subjects," Jae mumbled out, "Am I upset I brought them up? No, not one bit."

"Where is boss-man now?"

"Arriving soon I guess," Jae mumbled out, gaze fixed on nothing but the entrance.

"...I don't get it, what could possibly get him this mad, I—"

Jae cut the man's off in his ear, no longer listening as his daze grew over at the entrance of the hall. His eyes went wide, stomach sinking instantly when seeing two figures walk through. But it wasn't his sister along with Vee.

You trailed closely beside the woman as well.

"Y/N?" Jae breathily let out, body in full shock.

-

"Yes?" you answered back, noticing the man call your name.

You were panicking a slight bit when meeting eyes with the security in front. One by one, they guided people in, first they called for Vee, and surprisingly, you were the next to be called. It was insane to you how great of a mind-player Vee could be. With one smile, she could have all lists go under her name...heck, you still remembered the time she got both Jimin and Taehyung to swoon over her.

"Have a nice time," the man said, bored as he glanced over at his list again and started to call out for others.

You glanced around, trying not to throw up and drool all in one when staring over at all the hall had to offer. It was bigger than what your life's savings could ever afford, ceiling barely spotted from where your ant-self stood at by the entrance. Everything was a gold and white, to beige and dull...it was too big and too invested in a manner your naive eyes could comprehend.

This place was a big deal.

You swallowed, about to respond to the security but the sudden tug of your arm caused you to fling away from the front. Slightly tripping in the annoyingly high heels you had on, you internally cursed at Vee for getting you ready and dressed. It took you a moment to collect the blue cloth that tangled at your feet, but it took you longer to realize who had pulled you to the side in the first place.