~4~

"Sorry that you couldn't faze me. Ain't being cocky, we just vindicated..."

Onika Maraj

Class went by so fast and before I knew it, it was lunch time.

Once the bell rings, Roman and I walk out of class and head through the parking lot to my red Mercedes Benz.

"So, what you got going today?" Roman asks, walking to the passenger side of the car.

I press a button on the car fob and unlock the car.

"I honestly don't know. Might just watch Netflix..." I say, opening the door to the drivers side and sliding in the car.

Roman gets in after me and we both toss our backpacks into the backseat.

"Where you wanna go?"I ask as I slip the car key into the engine starter and twist it, making the car silently come to life.

"I guess Mc. Donalds," Roman replies.

A few minutes later, we are in the drive- thru line behind a slick 2015 Corvette. As I wait for the driver to order, I pull out my phone, remembering that someone was blowing up my phone all class period.

I see that I have two texts from Robert and the dance squad group chat was blowing me up. I open the group chat and see that they are all asking about the new girl, wondering where she's from and what's her name, etc.

I text a simple 'Idk...' and exit the chat.

I open the texts from Robert and see that he's asking me am I trying out for the dance squad on Friday.

: yea... y?

He waits a minute before he responds.

Rob 😊🏈😍: Jw. I'll be watching for you tho. 👀

I blush and slip my phone into the middle console. I look up, wondering what's taking the driver so long and I see why. A group of girls from school are flocking around the car, all trying to talk to the driver at once. I recognize a few of them from the dance and cheer squad and in the midst of them is Beyoncè.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" I yell out the window, honking the horn.

A few girls jump, but they pay me no mind and continue babbling to the driver. Roman bursts out in a fit of laughter,"yo, who the fuck is so important that they're flocking around their car for?"

I shake my head, pulling out of the drive-thru,"I don't even know. Some dude probably."

As I pull up to the second drive-thru, I look to my left and see who the driver of the car is. The same girl that I saw earlier.

"Really?!" I say, throwing up my hands.

"What?" Roman asks, looking over my shoulder.

"It's the same girl from class," I say, pointing out the window.

Roman snickers,"Wow. She really not that big of a deal. But she can make a straight girl reconsider."

I shake my head, just as a voice comes through the order box," Hi. Welcome to Mc.Donalds. How may I help you?"

Robyn Fenty

I groan as the girls continue crowding around my car, littering me with questions. I haven't spoke yet and at the rate they're going, I probably won't. Why me?