~30~ (The real update)

"It all comes down to this..."

Onika Maraj

The sound of the garage door opening snaps me out of my sleep.

"Baybeh..." Robyn's voice groans under me,"oo's hea?"

I shake my head,not bothering to open my eyes,"jus' mi mum."

"Ya mudda?" Robyn asks, her voice sounding more awake.

I groan. Now she finna wake up and shit just because my mom is here. I honestly don't see what the bi-

I jolt upwards on Robyn's chest and look her into her panicky eyes.

"My mom! Shit!" I yell, getting off of Robyn.

I hurriedly glance at my clock and see it's almost one in the afternoon. I missed all of my Friday classes.

 Shit...

"Whea I go?" Robyn asks, jumping up from the bed and gathering her clothes to her naked body.

"The closet!" I whisper yell, pointing to the closet as I hear a car door slam shut.

"No! She'a know I'm in dea!" Robyn whispers back, twirling her naked body in a circle.

"Onika? You home still?" My mother yells, her heels clicking on the floor downstairs.

"The bathroom! In the shower!" I grit, fixing the covers and hiding underneath it as if I've been asleep this whole time.

I can hear Robyn groan amd run to the bathroom just as my mother starts coming up the stairs.

As I'm underneath the covers, I smile at Robyn's scent that's still on the cover. Even though that sounds totally gross... She has a nice feminine smell. Like delicate roses or-

"Onika?" My mother says, creaking open one of my wooden doors.

I close my eyes and grunt as if she just woke me.

"Onika Tanya Maraj," my mother says, her voice slightly rising.

"Hmm!" I grunt louder, turning my head towards where she's at. I open my eyes and see her in the doorway, a calm expression on her face.

"Ma'am?" I ask.

The signal for her to begin talking,  she does just that.

"Why you not at school?"

"We have a game tonight and I felt like I needed to rest. I went to my morning classes though."

"So if I call the school...They'll say you were there?"

Without hesitation, I nod and she nods back,"alright. I plan to do just that."

I watch as she looks around the room, trying to find something out of place.
"Next time you decide to play with yourself, spray something. Because this smell is ridiculous. Even I don't-"

"Okay mom!" I interrupt, peeking out from under my covers.

She chuckles,"I'm just saying. I actually came to leave again. I'll be back on Monday."

"There's business meetings on Saturdays?"

She shakes her head,"girl, no. I'm going to the islands to see my sister. And no. You cannot go. Maybe another time."

I groan, slipping back underneath my covers,"ain't nobody waan go anyweys."

"Is that your accent I hear? You not really getting mad, are you?"