~7~

"Am I queen of fools? Wrapped up in lies and foolish jewels?"

Onika Maraj 

8:30 p.m 

"What?! Why not?" Robert yells, startling me.

"Because..." I trail off, getting off of the living room couch. 

He follows suit as I walk into the kitchen in search of a bottle of water,"Because of what?"

I don't answer. Instead, I walk into the kitchen and open the refrigerator.

Suddenly, I feel Robert tug my arm, pulling me backwards.

I whip around ,"don't you ever  put your fuckin' hands on me!" 

"Tell me why you won't go with me,"He demands softly,"I mean, can't you tell that I've  liked you for a while?"

"I'm not the type for relationships..." I trail off, avoiding his piercing eyes.

"Not the- what the fuck does that mean?!"

I roll my eyes,"well-"

Robert then starts chuckling in a sinister type way, interrupting me.

"I got it," he says, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Get what?" I ask, nervously. He's definitely scaring me the way he's laughing.

"It's that girl, huh?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me. 

"W-what girl?" I ask, still oblivious to the situation.

"That fuckin'... green-eyed girl. The one that lives next door to you! The one that everyone is drooling over. It's her, Isn't it?" He asks, almost threateningly.

"No-wha- how did you know that she lives next door?" I ask.

Robert points a finger at me,"dodging the question, I see."

With that, he lets go of my arm and storms out of the kitchen. I stand there confused. 

I hear the front door open, making realization hit me like a freight train. I rush after Robert,"what are you doing?"

He doesn't answer. I walk outside and see that he's walking to the girl and Zen, who are sitting on the sidewalk eating ice cream. 

Oh no...

Robyn Fenty 

"Hey, hey. Look," Zen says, tapping my arm just as I'm about to take another bite of my ice cream cone. 

I look up from my cone and follow her finger to see "Robert" coming out of Onika's house and storming over to me.

In the setting sunlight, I see that he has a visible mug across his face.

"What's his problem?" I ask, confused as to why he's coming towards me.

"I don't know," Zen shrugs.

"So you fuckin' with my girl?" Robert asks, coming up to me

I drop my ice cream in surprise,"w-what?"

"I asked is you fuckin' with my girl?" He repeats. 

"I'm not your girl!" Onika exclaims, finally catching up to him.

"Shut the fuck up," Robert grits.

"What?" Onika screams, surprise evident in her voice.

"Aye," I say, standing up. As I do, I see that a look of surprise cross his face when he sees that I am just as tall as him.