~47~

"All I want is you, so what you tryna do?"

5 months later...

May 26, 2017

5:35 p.m.

Robyn Fenty

"Babe...." Onika taps me with her foot as I sit on the edge of the bed, playing my game.

"Wh- damn it!" I curse as the Houston Rockets shoot a three on me, tying the score.

"Babe. Do you still love me?" Onika asks for the thousandth time this month.

I sigh, pausing the game. I turn towards her and squeeze her thigh," of course I do. Why would you think that? Honestly?"

"Because... I'm all fat and... I have stretch marks-"

"Baby. That doesn't change anything. I still love you the way you are. I've told you this so many times."

"I know... it's just... I think that you're going to fall out of love with me because I'm fat and pregnant and all I do is nag and get jealous all the time... and you're going to find someone who doesn't do those things. Someone prettier and skinnier. And more beautiful...." I can see her eyes getting glossy as she speaks.

"Baby. Baby." I grab her hand and squeeze it," I don't want them because they won't care for me like I care for them. The other day, I stubbed my toe. What you do?"

"...Iced it for you..." she replies lowly.

"And this morning, you woke me up because you wanted me to eat your pussy. What did I do?"

"Give me head. Even though you were grumpy..."

"And all these times you hit me and screamed at me because I never got that ice cream flavor right? What did I finally do yesterday?"

"Got it right."

"Exactly. We have that type of love no one else has. That unbreakable love. I can't get that with anyone else. If I didn't want you I would've been left. So don't think that I'ma leave you anyone soon woman. Especially when I have Kyng growing inside of you..." I say, smiling and rubbing her belly.

She smiles and closes her eyes, obviously satisfied with the answer.

These past couple of months with her have been hectic. After a week or two of staying in Mel's home, we snuck into her house and got as much money we can get and most of Onika's belongings. The money added up to around thirty-five thousand dollars and we got a nice little house across the city. Onika's mother wanted nothing to do with her and she made no attempt to ask Onika how she's been with the baby. The last we heard from her was that night that changed everything. After Onika's 18th birthday, we decided to go solo with or without her. Now that I'm 17, I've gotten a part time job that pays well. Enough for us to save up for our son and for anything we need. Zen and Roman are still together and Roman has been avoiding her mother also, seeing how she reacted to Onika coming out. We live about 15 minutes away from them so we go see them whenever we can. And if I do say so myself... Onika and I have already begun our journey as adults. And I love it. We found out that Onika is having a boy and I had the perfect name for him. Kyng Shawn Maraj-Fenty. I've always wanted a kid named Kyng because I wanted to treat him like one. And I want it with a Y because obviously my name is spelt with a Y instead of an I. Shawn came from Onika, which was just a spur of the moment. But we stuck with it.

"When are the nurses coming?" Onika asks, sleepily.

"They should be here in the morning. You want some dinner?" I ask, rubbing her thigh.