~55~

Vote and comment for me to celebrate my return :) more feedback, more updates.

"Ain't it crazy when you're love swept? You'd do anything for the one you love..."

Robyn Fenty

Onika screams in pain, writhing in the stretcher. The paramedics are all crowded around her, running their tests and I stand above her holding her hand. 

"Blood levels are good! Keep her calm. Keep her calm!" The EMT shouts as I chew my bottom lip nervously. 

"B-baby it's gonna be okay. Just breathe. Breathe for me," I whisper past the lump in my throat, but my words fall on deaf ears as Onika screams again.

"Her contractions must be starting," An EMT speaks over her screams,"luckily, we're right by the hospital. I'll just need basic information from you, okay?" 

I nod, glancing at the doctor momentarily before focusing back on Onika as she tries to regulate her breathing.

"Whats her name?" 

"O-Onika Tanya Maraj," I respond as Onika reaches for my hand, squeezing it. 

The questions drag on and on and Onika's cries of pain intensifies as we make our way to the Emergency Room. The vehicle is parked and the silver doors swing open, two EMTs helping pull Onika out. I step out of the vehicle in a daze, my hands shaky and my mouth going dry. I hate hospitals... nothing good ever comes from them...

Everything seems to be drowned out as I follow the medics to a rushed delivery room. I lose them twice before I finally find the right hallway. I'm so confused as to where I'm supposed to be going. 

Onika... where's Onika...

 where's Onika

"Ma'am. Ma'am. Are you okay?" I hear a female say and my vision refocuses as I see a nurse standing in front of me, her hand on my shoulder. Other nurses behind the reception desk look concerned but I pay them no mind.

"O-Onika. She's having her-"

"Yes. Ms. Maraj is in room 17c. She's not allowed visitors at the moment but you are welcome to look through the window," the nurse says, walking into the direction, I presume, of the room. I follow her down the maze of hallways and outside of a room with a big window. Inside I see Onika being dressed into a hospital gown whilst being wet with sponges on her sweating forehead and body. She's grimacing in pain and I can't help but to get upset that she's going through such pain.

A doctor rushes past me heading to the door. I quickly notice he has a huge needle packet in his hand and I speak out, getting his attention,"a-aye. What's that?"