~43~

Since y'all did good with the comments and votes 😭😭 I'm so proud of y'all. You get TWO updates.

"Find me in your heart. I'm in need of your love..."

Onika Maraj

11:30 p.m

"Wake up... we back home," someone says, knocking me out of my sleep.

I open my eyes slowly and look around, seeing that we are back in the student parking lot. I raise my head away from my neck pillow and stretch.

Damn. I slept this whole time?

I look up and see that Kehlani woke me up. She smiles at me," get up. I know you wanna get home."

I shake my head, chuckling," yea."

Five minutes later, I step off of the bus and stretch out my legs, yawning.

"See you at practice Ms. Maraj," my coach says, smiling.

I huff and smile back at her. After the game,  she was talking to me about the fact that we can't call the cops because of what Beyoncé did. She made it seem like Beyoncé was some unstoppable force. I didn't like that because I wanted to see Bey getting what she deserved. Then Kehlani explained further on how Beyoncé was practically obsessed with her and the things she did to try to get her. It was all overwhelming and I didn't think Beyoncé would do something like that. But indeed she did. And that's what the problem is now. She won't stop until she get Robyn. I'm not letting that happen.

As I get in my car, waving goodbye to some, I take out my phone and see texts from Robyn.

Don't answer 🙄: are you okay? Did I do something? (6:54 p.m.)

Don't answer 🙄: can you at least next me back? I don't want you mad at me... (7:12 p.m.)

Don't answer 🙄 : did you make it home? (10:49 p.m.)

Shaking my head, I put my phone in my hoodie's pocket and  lose my car door. I start up the car, letting it heat up for a moment then pull out of the parking lot. 

All day, I've been avoiding Robyn. When I saw her at the game, she kept looking at me while she was on the court but I pretended not to see her. She asked me why did me and Beyoncé fight and I noticed she didn't even remember her name. That made me feel a little secure but still, I didn't answer her question.  Now that word is I'm pregnant is probably all over the school by now, I have no reason to hide it. It kind of made me feel good because it was going to come  out sooner or later.

My phone rings in my pocket and I pull it out. I look at the screen before focusing back on the road and see it's my mother.

I answer it quickly," yes mama?"

"Are you back in the city?" She asks.

"Yes. Are you?"

"I left this afternoon to attend a convention in San Diego. I left you some money on the fireplace and Roman said that she was spending the night with Zendaya. She left once the girls came back from their game. So the house is all yours. But I don't want-"

"-Any boys. Parties. Or drugs. I know, mama," I finish, turning the steering wheel and entering our community.

"That's right. I will be back on Monday, most likely. I just called to tell you what's going on before you start panicking and thinking I'm dead somewhere," she laughs.