~29~

"Who cares how you haters feel?"

Robyn Rihanna Fenty

I tap my foot repeatedly, glancing at my watch for seemingly the hundredth time this period.

11:45 a.m.

Ten more minutes until I get to see my baby girl.

I huff, slouching down in my seat. I hate that the teachers changed my third period because they figured out how smart I am and changed my third class to advanced lessons. Now I don't have a class with Onika and I don't know anyone in this bullshit ass class.

I feel a light tap on my right shoulder,  startling me. I turn around in my seat and look at the person behind me.

My eyes grow slightly in size when I see who the person is.

Lani...

I didn't show she had this class.

"Hey..." she says, rubbing her eyes, most likely from just waking up.

Her eyes aren't yet on me so she doesn't see who I am.
I stare at her curly hair that is poking from underneath her hood. Then my eyes travel to her face, locking on her pink lips.

"You have the... uh, notes? " She asks, picking up her phone and checking the notifications.

I retrieve my paper from my desk and stick it out for her to take. She still doesn't look up at me.

"Hea," I say, trying to get her attention.

"Thanks..." she says, finally looking up at me. 

Once her dark brown orbs lock on mine, she seems to be hypnotized by eyes. 

We stare at each other for a moment. As it goes on, my eyes drift to her lips again. 

They look so soft...

And... is she drooling? 

I snicker at the thought, noticing a bit of drool on the corner of her mouth. 

"Baybeh gyal... ya slippin' at da mouth," I tell her, my voice low. 

She blinks twice before jerking her head back, as if snapping out of a trance. 

"Ya liked wha' ya see?" I ask, teasing her as she takes the paper away from me.

I watch in amusement as her face begins to redden and her cockiness she had before seemed to fly out the window. 

The bell rings before she can answer. I watch as she's the first one out the door, brushing past everyone. I smile, shaking my head and gather my things. 

As I walk towards the door, the teacher calls me. 

"Ms. Fenty?" 

I mentally curse, stopping in my tracks. 

"Yes sir?" I ask, turning around. 

I watch as the teacher walks over to me, a stack of papers in hand. 

"Ms. Fenty. Since you weren't here at the beginning of the year, I need your parent to sig-"

"My parents are dead," I tell him with annoyance in my tone. 

"Oh!... Uh..." he begins stuttering and his ears grow red from embarrassment. 

"Are ya done?" I ask.

"Y-yes. B-but..." 

I turn around and walk away from him and head out of the room. 

I walk out of the room and see Onika waiting beside the lockers, looking down as a guy tries to flirt with her.