~37~

I'ma really need y'all to vote and comment. 😊

"And I know that (s)he knows I'm unfaithful...And it kills her inside.."

Robyn Fenty

I wake to the sound of whispers tickling my eardrums. I raise my face from my desk and look around the room with blurry eyes. I see almost all of the kids are gawking at their phones and texting rapidly.

The teacher isn't doing anything about it so I turn around and gather the attention of the person behind me.

"Wha's gwaan?" I ask, sleep heavy in my voice.

"Nick's going crazy," she says, staring at her phone and shaking her head. She glances at me and gasps.

"Wh-"

"Oh shit!" she yells," it's your stuff! "

Everyone turns towards me and I glare at her in confusion,"wha' stuff? "

"She's burning your shoes and clothes up, girl!" the girl exclaims and to my dismay everyone starts laughing.

"Calm down," the teacher instructs, but no one listens as they all try to talk to me at once and show me their phone screens.

I take a girls phone and see an Instagram live video in progress. Someone is holding the camera as Onika is pouring gasoline on my shoes. As I look closer, I can see that she's in my driveway.

"Shit!" I curse, almost dropping the girls phone as I hand it to her.

I grab my phone and backpack and rush out the room.

"M-Ms. Fenty!" The teacher calls, but I pay him no mind as I run out of the room and down the hallways. As I do, Britteny's words repeat in my mind.

"You rather her find out from someone at school than you?"

Realization hits me as I push open the doors to the school and run through the parking lot to my car.

Someone fucking told her. Shit.

Ten minutes later, I pull up to the scene at my house. There are a couple of people crowding around the fire but not daring to come close to it and a prancing Onika. I stop the car on the side of the street and pull the keys out of the ignition switch with shaky hands. I then get out of the car and stomp over to a smiling and skipping Onika.

"Wha' da fuck's ya prollem?! " I yell at her. She stops mid-skip and walks over to me, a smile on her face.

"Baby!" she squeals, as if she did not just set fire to my shit. I furrow my brows in confusion and rephrase my question, just in case she didn't understand.

"Why ya burnin' ma-" A slap is delivered across my face with enough force to knock me to a knee. I groan as tiny sparks of pain shoot through my face. I don't dare to stand up as I gather myself.

"When the fuck were you going to tell me, Robyn?!" She screams as I try to get up.

I clench my jaw tightly before I speak lowly," I was gonna t-"