Chapter 1

April POV

"APRIL!" I hear my mother yell. "WAKE UP." 

I sit up, and turn towards my wall, putting my feet on the floor. 

"Coming mom!" I yell back. 

I put a black Dauntless hoodie over my tank-top, and I go to my door. I reach for my door knob, but then remember that I need to grab my phone. I go to my nightstand, and take my phone off of the charger. I go to reach for a door knob again, but then I hear voices. Couldn't be my father, just because he is a Dauntless Trainer, but it has to be a male. I contemplate putting on jeans, or just keep wearing my shorts. I don't really care right now, so I just keep my shorts on.

I walk out of my room, and see a face I hoped I wouldn't see for a while. 

Alex.

I immediately run back into my room, and I put on actual clothes. When I walk back out, I am wearing my black skinny jeans,and a black tank-top. 

I walk back out, and my mother lays eyes on me.

"April. Took you long enough." My mother says. 

"Well Mrs. T, she wanted to dress up for me." Alex says. 

I try to charge towards him, to punch him in the face, but my mother death grip locks her hands on my wrists. I pull one of them free, but she grabs my arm again. 

"Tris. Let her go." I hear coming from a voice behind me. "My son is just being sarcastic like me." 

I look back and see my moms friend Cameron. 

"Haven't seen you in awhile. To many tattoos to make?" I ask him. 

He squints his eyes at me. 

"Haven't seen you in while either. Your mom finally found out about your tattoo?" he asks. 

He thinks my parents don't know about my tattoos, but in reality they do, they even have tattoos of their own. 

"Nope. Did you finally find out about Alex's?" I say not taking my eyes off of him.

"ALEX!" I hear him yell. 

Alex locks eyes with me, and tries to swing at me, but I duck, grabbing his wrist, swinging it behind his back, and grabbing his other arm, making him yelp. 

"April let the poor boy go. My son isn't as strong as you." I hear Cameron say. 

"True. But also where is Percy?" I ask him.

"My mother isn't here right now" Alex chimes in. 

I roll my eyes, and I walk back to my room. I close my door, go to my closet, and I grab a pair of black combat boots, and put them on. 

I walk out of my room, and get stopped by my mother.

"Where are you going?" she asks.

"Me and Tyler were going to go to the training room. Got a problem with that?" I tell her.

"No. But you are taking Alex." 

I walk back to my room, and before I slam the door, I put up a peace sign with my fingers. 

My mother swings open my door, and comes up to me.

"You're going with him." she tells me.

"I will. But, I think he might have another pair of scissors with him." I tell her.

"April. Get over it already." 

"I can't. I have a scar going across my stomach because of him. Sorry." 

I then think back to a few years ago when that happened. 

We were down in the training room, with my mom, and we were using the punching bags, when mine fell of the chain. I started laughing, just because I'm stronger than him, but when I was laughing at him, I failed to realize that he had a pair of scissors in his hands. He slammed me to the ground, and brought the scissors up to my stomach and made a huge gash. When my mom found out, she just told me to get over it, but once my dad found out, he sent me to the infirmary, and went and talked to Cameron about his son.

I shove past my mom, and out my door, into the living room, and out the main door. 

Once I get down to the training room, I see Tyler. 

"My dearest cousin. What should we start with?" I ask him. 

"Knives." 

I have never used the knives, just because my dad is so over protective of me. 

I walk over to the targets, and I pick up a knife. I line up the knife with the target, and I throw it, hitting dead center. Tyler's jaw dropped.

"APRIL!" I hear my dad scream. 

I turn around slowly, and see my dad standing there smiling. Me and Tyler look at each other, confused. 

"Run." Tyler whispers to me.

I bolt for the door, running up to my apartment. I run through the door frame, and into the living room before i am met by my father, giving me a death grip hug. 

"Dad-let-me-go." I say in between breaths. 

"Anthony. Let her go." My mother says.