Chapter 16

April POV

I wake up in the infirmary. I try to sit up, but I can't. I see two figures standing next to me, and as soon as they lay eyes on me, I laugh.

Augustus and Alex.

"What do you want?" I ask. 

"We're the ones who brought you." Alex says.

"My dad didn't?" 

"Nope. He just laughed."

"Zaiah."

"Nope"

"So why'd you do it then?" 

He looks away.

"Your dad just laughed, so I felt the need to bring you here." 

Then the silence grows uncomfortably.

"So whats wrong with me?"

"Broken foot, concussion, black eye." 

"Why couldn't I fight back?"

"Because Four paired me and you up, he had been training me for weeks, he said that it was a good thing." Augustus says.

"Payback." I say.

"What?"

"He was just doing this for payback." 

I try to sit up, but Augustus pushes me back.

"Get your hands off of me." 

He pulls back his hand. 

I stand up, loosing my balance in the process.

I start to walk out limping.

I walk down to the dorms, and just going to sleep, with bruises developing on my face, with only being in the infirmary for an hour.

***

I wake up and check my watch. Midnight. I have only been asleep for an hour. Time for revenge.

I get off my bed, and I put on a pair of shorts, under my long T-shirt.

I quietly move through the room, careful not to wake anybody. I make sure I have my key, and I walk out the door.

I start jogging, going through the compound, earning stares from people wondering why I'm not sleeping. I run up to the apartment door, unlock it, then I turn the doorknob, quietly, revealing a pitch black apartment.

I walk in, and I turn on the lamp by the door, closing the door lightly. I take a deep breath, and I yell.

"ANTHONY!" I scream.

I hear someone sigh, and hid bedroom door opens. 

"April. We will talk about this later." 

I roll my eyes, and I walk out of the apartment. 

I run back down to the bunks, and I grab my blanket, and I go down to the Chasm. I go to my hiding place under one of the rocks. I put the blanket over my feet, and I fall asleep, to the sound of the running waters. 

*****

Anthony POV 

"Okay today we are goin- wheres April?" I question. 

Everybody shrugs. 

They start to run out of the room, and look for April. 

I go into the control room, and I send out a message everybody in every Faction will get.

"Aprilia Collards is missing?" I hear someone say, outside of the door.

I hear the door slam open.

"DAD!" I hear Ivan scream. "You sure did it this time." 

I turn around, to see him carrying April. She has a blanket over her legs. With people yelling and screaming outside, she starts to wake up.

She lifts hers head, and swings her legs to the floor.

"April." I says.

"Don't talk to me." 

She walks out of the room.

"April!" Ivan screams.

She turns her head, and looks at Ivan. 

"I don't want to talk to you either."