Chapter 5

April POV

"April. Quit harassing Four." My father tells me angrily.

"No. I like it. He realizes that I'm not just like my mother. The Beatrice he tried to kill. He thinks I'm that weak. I am trying to prove to him that I'm like you too. The Anthony that would watch my mother get beaten up by Four at 9-am, take her to the hospital, and go back to beat up Four. I'm trying to prove that I am like you." I tell him.

"April. You don't need to prove you are like me. Just be like your mother. Be the Dauntless Prodigy like her."

I stop walking. I stare at him for a few minutes, but then I walk off, going the opposite way, the way back tot he training room.

"April!" my father calls after me.

"Talk to Ivan. He's the Dauntless Prodigy you actually like." I say with an irritated tone in my voice.

When I get down to the training room, I see Alex. He pushes me against the wall and kisses me. I kiss back.

When he pulls away, he tries his hardest not to make eye contact.

"Are you gonna ask me or what?" I ask him.

"What?" He asks back.

"Are you gonna ask me out or what?"

"Um.." he says nervously. "Do you want to go get ice cream?"

I hook my elbow with his, and I start walking.

"Ehh." I say. "That was okay, but you can work on it."

He laughs.

****************

We walk down to the cafeteria, and we sit down at one of the tables.

"Why is it so crowded?" Alex asks.

"Did you two not realize that its time for dinner?" we hear from a voice behind us.

I turn around and see Uriah.

"Actually nope." I tell him.

"Then why are you here?" He asks.

Alex clamps his hand over my mouth. I bring my hand up and flick his.

"We are here on a date." I tell Uriah.

"So instead of you waiting for him to ask you out, out ended up asking him out?"

"Actually no."

Uriah laughs.

*****************

Uriah, Zeke, and Cameron ended up sitting at the table me and Alex are sitting at.

"Does Anthony know?" Cameron asks.

"Nope not at all." I say.

Cameron gets a spark in his eyes like he is about to do something. I stand up, and I bolt out of the cafeteria, with him following behind me.

Once I reach my apartment, I barge right in, to see my father looking angry, and my older brother, Ivan, looking happy, like he just pulled a prank.

"You know you look like Uriah when you have that facial expression." Cameron tells Ivan.

"Why did you just slam open the door?" My father asks.

"Because, Cameron thinks he will be the first to tell you that I am dating Alex." I tell him.

"APRIL WEDNESDAY COLLARDS." my father yells.

"Yes Anthony-" I start to say.

"Wednesday?" Cameron questions.