Chapter 10

April POV

After school, I go back to my apartment, and I get an orange.

"How was school?" Ivan asks laughing.

"Good. I aparently killed Alex while we were in training." I tell him.

"Dang. You're still look kinda weak, and you sure act like it."

I look at him.

"Sorry." he says.

"Yeah you shouldn't be. Have you guys done fear landscapes yet?" I ask.

"No. I have asked to go through mine, but dad and Four both say I'm too weak. Don't get any ideas. You are also weak." he says stealing a piece of my orange.

"Yeah. We'll see about that." I tell him, leaving the orange for him.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"You'll see when I get a new name." I tell him.

I walk out of the apartment, and I take the long way to the training room, nervous about the new information I am going to find out, but also excited. Kids that need more training leave school early, just so they can get more training that lasts two hours afterwards.

I walk up to the training room door, reaching for the door handle. This door used to see like a portal to freedom, but now it seems so be a freight. I pull the door open, I am about to prove my bravery, but in reality, I'm terrified.

I see Four off in the corner, talking alongside my dad. I walk up to them, dragging my feet behind me, but also walking kinda fast. I get up to them, and I wait for one of them to finish speaking, and provides a break in between. When they stop talking, they look at me, confused.

"Four." I say, my mouth going dry, he wont let me, I am weak like Ivan said, I got bruised by Alex, I am pretty weak. "Can I talk to you?" He waves his hand, signifying that I can speak. "Alone." I tell him. My dad walks away.

"What do you want Collards?" he asks me.

"Four. Um-" I stop, pausing to catch my breath, if he says yes he belives in me, but if he says no, that means I'm weak. "....... Can I go through my fear landscape."

His eyes get wide, like they are looking for something that he cant find. Like he his coming by surprise by what I said.

"Never mind." I tell him with my head hung down. I start to walk away from him, but he grabs my arm, pulling me back.

"So you want to go through your fear landscape?" he asks me.

"Yes." I tell him.

He looks me up and down, taking a minute to pause.

"So you beat up Mr. Ethan, and now you think you need to prove something?" he asks me.

"Sorry." I say walking away again, but he grabs my other arm.

"Has your brother gone through it?" he asks me.

My head falls. "No. He hasn't."

"And why is that?"

"You guys said hes too weak, but he says I'm weaker than him. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"Aprilia Wednesday Collards."

My eyes get wide.

"Yes I know your name. But do you believe your brother, that you are weak?"

"No. I don't but I cant ever prove it."

"Come with me." he says. "Come on Anthony."

We follow him into a room. He puts a needle to my neck, and I nod.