Chapter 9

April POV

I start to go to my Language Arts class, my second hour, but I stop when someone starts speaking over the intercom.

"Aprilia Collards. Come to the main office please." 

I sigh.

Great. I'm in trouble.

I walk down to the office, going the shorter way. I grab the door handle to go the main office, but before I can pull the door open, someone else pushes the door from the inside. I walk past them, and I sit in a chair, next to a crying Percy. 

I start to ask her something, but I am stopped by Jeanine Matthews calling my name.

"Aprilia." she says, as I cringe. "Aprilia" 

"Ma'am it's just April." I say with a smile.

"Okay April. Do you know why we called you down here today?" she asks me, looking down at her desk drawer, pulling something out. I shrug at what she is saying. I may know why, but I wont admit to it, and get into even more trouble. 

I move my hair that has fallen out of my braid, from my face, and to behind my ear. 

"No ma'am." I tell her.

"Well we got a call- what happened to you eyes?" she asks me, now looking at me.

"Um. Nothing ma'am." I tell her.

"Well we got a call from Percy Ethan, that her son, Alexander, was punched it the face, and almost choked to death by you, just because he tried to help you." 

My jaw drops. 

"Wait ma'am, thats not what-"

"Let me finish. He is currently in the infirmary in Dauntless Headquarters." 

"I swear ma'am. I didn't do this. When did this happen?"

"During first hour, in training, with you. He said that you two broke up yesterday, and you tried to kill him. Now, if you try that, don't do it on school property." 

"I didn't do that. Check the cameras, ask Mrs. Collards, and Mr. Eaton, check with my freaking classmates. I didn't do it." 

"Miss-" 

"No. I didn't do that. Ask anybody, but him. I didn't. If I did, I would have cleaned up my tracks. Now goodbye."

"Miss-" she says, while I walk out the door ignoring her. 

I walk past Percy and I stop.

"You can blame me for punching him. But you can't say I almost killed him. That wasn't me. I would have cleaned up my tracks better." I tell her.

Beatrice POV

"April Collards. Come to the main office please." I hear someone say over the intercom. 

Gosh. What did she do now.

Me and Tobias start to clean up the training room, putting everything away, and getting different things out, just so we can maybe teach something in our homeroom class. Most likely we wont, but that's just because most of the kids like to do training or their homework. 

We finish cleaning up, then we hear something even more dreadful than before: "Mrs. COllards and Mr. Eaton please come down to the main office."

God. That child is in so much trouble. 

*****************

"Mrs. Matthews. I swear she didn't. I kept my eyes on my child the whole class period. She did not try and choke that boy to death." I tell her. 

"Mrs. Collards. Percy Ethan came in, with tears streaming down her face, just because her son was almost killed. This is because of your child." she tells me. "She tried to kill another child on school property. We will check the security cameras, but if it shows anything of her hurting that boy, then she will be expelled." 

I just have to laugh in her face. She will be expelled for sure, just because April doesn't know how to leave him alone, she fought him, I know she did, but she didn't try to kill him.

I start to say something, but April comes through the door.

April POV 

"Mrs. Collards. Mr. Eaton, please come down the main office." I hear.

"Ooh. Looks like someones Mommy and Daddy are in trouble." I hear Katherine say.

"How would you know who a daddy is. You have like twelve of them. Right?" I ask her.

Shes a popular girl that likes to make fun of me. I hate her so much.

I walk out of the room, without permission. I go down to the office, going the short way again. Once I get down there, I walk in quickly, and see Percy with a smug look on her face. 

I walk right past her, and into Jeanine's office.

"Ma'am. You say that I tried to kill him, and I should get expelled. What about the time Tobias Eaton tried to kill my mother, father, and a bunch of people in that class. What about the time Tobias Eaton tried to kill me. What about the freaking time Alexander Jeremy Ethan tried to kill me? What are you going to do about that huh? Nothing, just because I'm stand up for what I believe in and speak my mind. By the way, you should know that I hate Aprilia, it's just April." 

"APRILIA!" she screams.

"No. You value men more than women." I tell her.

I leave her office, and I leave the school. I run and jump on the train, and I sit in the corner and I cry the whole way to the compound. I didn't do that, but she hates me, so she will favor Alex. I get an idea to visit the infirmary, just to see if he is okay, but also to see if he is really in there.

When I get on top of the roof, I run and jump onto the net. I get off the net easy, and I run to the infirmary. I walk in, and go to the first nurse I see.

"Do you know where Alexander Jeremy Ethan is?" I ask.

"We havent had an Alexander all day." she tells me.

"What about Alex Ethan."

"We haven't had an Alex, nor an Ethan kid all day. Sorry." 

I just laugh. He lied. That idiot lied do me, and the school. He's dead. Crap, I shouldn't think like that, cause then I will get expelled. 

I run up to the apartment part of the compound, not even stopping until I get to his apartment. I knock on his door three times, and he opens the door, and immediately regrets it. I put my foot in the way of the door, so he cant close it. 

"Bad choice Ethan." I tell him. 

I shove open his door, and I walk in. 

"Why did you lie?" I ask him.

"Because, you almost killed me."

"Oh really. Then why aren't you in the infirmary?" 

"I was earlier."

"That's why every nurse I asked said that you weren't." 

"But you still did."

"Then where are the bruises?" I ask him. "If I almost killed you, then you would have bruises. If you are strong enough to leave a bruise on me, then I can leave a bruise on you. I am about ten times stronger than you."

"Then where are your bruises?"

"LOOK AT MY FACE!" I tell him, starting to pull up my shirt. "LOOK-" 

"Seriously-" 

"Look at my ribs." I tell him. "You punched me in the stomach, and it left this mark. You would have some too." 

I leave his apartment, and I go back to the school. I firstly go to the main office, walking in and seeing Percy, with a scared look on her face. 

"PERSEUS. YOU LIED." I yell at her. 

I leave the main office, walking back to my second class.