Chapter 7

April POV

We walk all the way down to the training room, to be met by my father outside the door.

"April." he says.

"Anthony." I say back.

"Crystal. Go back up to your apartment, and put on a costume." he says.

I go to grab the door handle for the training room door, but instead he blocks it.

"Aprilia. We need to get your hair dyed back." he says.

"Anthony. Not going to happen." I tell him, then I walk off, to go help Crystal get a costume.

*****************

"What about this one?" she asks, pulling clothes out of her closet.

"No. That one." I say, pointing towards a red dress corset dress, with yellow strings tying in the back. "Why do you have dresses with all the faction colors?"

"My father isn't ever home, neither is my mom. Sort it all out." she says.

She puts on the dress, and I help her tie it.

"You have so many corset dress, can I have one?" I ask laughing.

She walks into her closet, and rustles around or a few minutes, before coming out with a black corset, with a long black skirt.

My jaw drops.

"Where did you get this?" I ask her.

"Doesn't matter, it's yours now."

I take the corset and the skirt, and I walk out of her room. She grabs a pair of heals, and walks out with me. She lifts up her skirt a few inches, and puts the heals over her feet.

"So. Do you wanna wear the corset?" she asks me.

"I can't decide." I tell her and we laugh.

We go up to my apartment, and I change into the corset.

"It's too pretty not to wear." I tell her.

She ties up the strings.

I look in the mirror, and I love the way I look. The corset fits just right, and the skirt is the perfect size. The corset is black, with sequins lining patterns going all around. The skirt is also black, but without sequins.

"Heals?" she asks.

I shake my head. I don't want heals.

She takes out my braids, and reveals my wavy hair.

"Perfect amount of curl." she says.

She takes the front peices of my hair, and pins them to the back of my head.

I walk out of my room, and into the kitchen.

"Wanna go get-" I start to say.

"Aprilia?" I hear from a voice behind me.

I turn my head, moving my curls.

"Tyler?" I say, looking at Tyler.

"There is no way I am calling you little Beatrice now." He says. "What's your costume?"

"We are the Cinderella of Dauntless and Amity." I tell him. "Just please don't tell Alex, or make me see him."

"Fine."