Chapter 11

April POV
I walk from the training room, up to my apartment, to be met by Alex.

"Miss Priss thinks she's everything huh?" He asks me.

I look at him confused.

"I'm sorry." I tell him.

He swings his leg to hit mine. I jump over, but I loose my balance when I land, and I fall on my ankle.

He runs.

I lay on the ground, trying to get up,  before I hear a yell coming from someone.

"APRIL!" I hear Brandon say.

He runs up to me, and helps me up.

"We are taking you to the infirmary."

"But-"

"Nope. You're going."

I stare at my best friend in astonishment. He is like the brother I never had.

When we get down to the infirmary, the nurses take and X-Ray on my foot, and see a minor fracture.

"This has been here a while." One says to me. "The fracture at least."

"You're a Pedrad aren't you?" Another asks.

I nod smiling.

"Born and raised." I tell them. 

They take a small ankle brace, and put it over my right foot. Strapping up the Velcro, making my foot stay in one place.

"I'm a Pedrad, mixed with a Collards. Do you really think that will stay?" I ask them.

"Nope. Not one bit"

I just have to laugh.

***

I go back to my apartment, limping, but with Brandon by my side. 

"What will you dad say?" he asks me, as we stop in front of my apartment door.

"He wont even know." I tell him, unstrapping the Velcro.

I take off the brace, and I walk into my apartment.

"You're just going to pretend there isn't a frature in your foot?" he asks me.

"Yup. My dad wont know a thing about it." I tell him.

*****

I wake up the next day, and I turn to get out of bed, but I first take off my ankle brace. I put it under my bed.

I wore the ankle brace last night, but I wont wear it today. I walk out of my room, still limping, then going to the kitchen, to see my brother sitting at the counter. 

"Texting Annalynn?" I ask him. Annalynn is a girl he used to have a huge crush on, but who knows now.

"Nope. Texted Brandon lately?"

"Nope. I think my boyfriend is content with me not blowing up his phone every five seconds." 

"Wait. BOYFRIEND?"

"Oops. I meant husband. Bye now." 

I leave the apartment laughing. Brandon has never, nor will ever be my boyfriend. AND NO! I will not be like my mother and say that and go off and marry him. 

I go down to the cafeteria, and I sit at out normal table.

"April." My father says, without looking at me. 

"What?" 

"Go home, and put your ankle brace on." 

"What ankle brace?" 

"Go home, or I will take away your class, and you wont be aloud to train."

"Fine. And dad."

"What?"

"Its Three, not April."

"Aprilia go get your ankle brace."

"Fine." 

I get up from the table, and I leave the cafeteria. 

"Hey Wednesday!" I hear from behind me.

"Hey Pugsley!" I say back to them.

"Wow." 

I look behind me and I see Ivan, just starring at me in amazement, just because that was my first reaction. 

Once I get up to my apartment, I put on my ankle brace, and I change, into my clothes I am supposed to wear, when I do training. 

I then go down to the training room, not even eating breakfast.

*****

I wake up the next day, and I shower and get ready. I put my hair into braids, and I put on my black leather jacket, along with a white tank-top, and a pair of jeans. 

I walk out of my room, and into the kitchen, to see Ivan just sitting, and starring into the fridge. I sneak up behind him, and I poke his ribs with my fingers, making him jump.

"A. You're dead." He tells me. I start running out of the apartment, but I stop in the door way.

"Call me 'A' again, and I will bring back your childhood nickname."

"You wouldn't dare." 

"Yes I would."

"Do it and I will kill you in your sleep."

I put my finger to my face, pretending to think. 

"Hmm. Sounds like a threat. Try me little girl."

"You know Mom will kill me."

"That my point. Ivory."

His face turns bright red, and his eyes burn with anger. 

"Whatever. Aprilia."

"You think that hurts me, but in reality it doesn't"

I walk out the apartment, and I go to the cafeteria, to see Alex. I fling one of my braids over the front of my shoulder, and I start walking towards him.

"You're dead." I whisper to him.

"Hmm. Sounds like a threat. Try me." he whispers back.

I push him to the wall, but am being stopped by someone pulling me back.

"You want to be expelled?" they ask me.

"I'm a Dauntless Prodigy. Right?" I say back to them.

The school is letting me come back, as long as the next time I 'try to kill someone' I have to clean up my tracks better. Stupid school. 

***

I sit in a desk, during training, just thinking about whatever. My mom has to teach us something, besides making us do fighting. After what happened on Thursday, Jeanine Matthews made us all come in on a Saturday, just so we can learn something new, and nobody leaves during class. 

"Excuse me ma'am!" I hear Alex yell, while standing up. "You're daughter is being really rude, and is ignoring me." 

I stand up out of my desk.

"Ooh, someones mad." I hear Xavier yell. 

"Well she is the devil." Alex says back.

I look over at Ivan and Jai. hey both have anger filling their eyes, and they are about to pounce on Alex, if I don't stop them. 

"Jai. Ivan. Don't." I tell them, trying to stand on my chair. "If this guy thinks I am the Devil, he may be right. But he barely knows anything about me."

I step on my desk.

"I am the Devil, and I know it." I tell them.

I jump down from my desk, smiling, while my mother has her hands buried in her face.

"April." she says.

"Beatrice. No need to be embarrassed, your sons didn't punch him. It's okay." I tell her.

I then sit down at my desk, as happy as I could ever be.